• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't blame him for that Everton were 0-2 up playing nice football in control

Appalling game management. Changing the shape to some completely confusing when they're just launching it at us and piling it on. All we needed was some fresh legs in to find some space and he brings on a central defender to soak up all the pressure. Moronic.

Even though he’s inherited a squad of wasters & cowards, severely lacking in at least 3 key positions... he’s still clearly not the man to take us forward.

Let’s hope for an offer to tempt him away, as he’ll be expensive to get rid of otherwise.

Teams #efc have beaten this season – Burnley, Cardiff, Brighton, Palace, Leicester, Fulham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield. Marco Silva’s Premier League record now reads W23 D15 L34

Sam Allardyce: 24 games, 34 points, 1.41 points per game
Marco Silva: 30 games, 37 points, 1.23 points per game

Going forward we have a group of clearly extremely talented (Sigurdsson, Bernard, Richarlison, Gomes, Digne) players. We don't lack much in that department.

The coaching staff are responsible for the defence though. It's entirely possible that Silva, given a summer of working on this could sort it. No one can be certain of the opposite. Anyone saying they are is kidding themselves. However, it's clear that a good manager, with no more than a good summer's business could have this squad (having upgraded in a few positions) up near the top 6, simply by sorting the defence out (and replacing Gueye).

He could have sorted it out on being appointed, or at any time since - we play with a back four, as we have (with the very odd exception) for as long as I can remember.

All that happens is the back four is coached more or less competently, or makes more or fewer mistakes every game. Players are bought to play in the back four; if players can't play as part of a back four, or don't fit the stereotype of what makes a good part of a back four, they are shown the door. Hence Holgate is on loan at West Brom, Galloway has apparently been fitted with a cloaking device and we all have PTSD from that time Stones was made to play right back.

I wouldn't sack him because there is no chance the new man would come in and change it either; the past six managers haven't even when on a tiny number of occasions they have played with a back three and smashed good teams as a result.

its funny how some people would still not let Rafael anywhere near our club....

almiron another masterpiece signing

still hasn't signed a contract with newcastle
Don’t act as if he was some master tactician that devised some genius plan to undo us. He literally just has a big lad up top who they can punt it to, who will win every header because our defenders are terrified of balls over the top.

We need a new manager imo but I’d much rather we avoid one that most of our fan base already detest and is below us in the league despite us being utter turd for 4 months.

Nothing's changed still, give him till the end of the season to turn it around. I thought at half time today he'd done it. Unfortunately the exact opposite was true. If it continues in the current vein, let him go at the end of the season.

I'm mostly interested in showing any new prospective manager that comes in that we won't sack them at the first whiff of trouble.

Even though he’s inherited a squad of wasters & cowards, severely lacking in at least 3 key positions... he’s still clearly not the man to take us forward.

Let’s hope for an offer to tempt him away, as he’ll be expensive to get rid of otherwise.
While I hope you are right, who will make him an offer?

Nothing's changed still, give him till the end of the season to turn it around. I thought at half time today he'd done it. Unfortunately the exact opposite was true. If it continues in the current vein, let him go at the end of the season.

I'm mostly interested in showing any new prospective manager that comes in that we won't sack them at the first whiff of trouble.

Yeah I get this.

See the season out, it's another complete rebuild though unfortunately.

Beaten no one decent

Attachments

• EDE1576A-EBB3-4201-A257-B9E42AEFF378.png
    EDE1576A-EBB3-4201-A257-B9E42AEFF378.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 65

Status
Not open for further replies.