• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my view but a free flowing attacking side outside of the top 6 is always going to ship goals for fun. Until we are established I think we need a more defensive minded and pragmatic manager. It only takes a hard tackle or abit of snide to get our fans going. (Disclaimer I am not wishing for the days of Big Sam)

Doesn't matter who we get if we react the same way after a run of bad form. Most Managers have them. Silva needs until the end of the season to assess if he can turn this around. At that point it will depend on how much of an impact squad quality is considered to be at fault for where ever we finish. He has not been able to build 'his' team, he has really had a summer of sorting out the left over dross and bolstering where he could. Ask a manager in any business how hard it is to achieve what you want when you have problem/poor employees to deal with first. It can easily take 2 years to build the stability and capabilities in a team.Brands will know if Silva has a plan that they both believe will work or not. Talk of a new manager is premature and counterproductive at such an early stage. Indeed if we are only judging a manager on short term results we should have keep Allardyce (shudders!) as he keeps reminding us.

you have framed a scenario that would find no Evertonian not desperate for the 3 points.
But last nights game was not similarly framed. I find it totally understandable that Evertonians would not be much bothered by losing to City...City's gain negatively impacts Liverpool...and that is a very good thing. As it affects Everton directly, it was a big 'meh'...we are mid-table dross...sad, but true.

And while we continually to lose so called " meh" games , we will forever be a mid table dross team.

You may find it acceptable that Everton lost last night, i do not.

Liverpool are more than capable of losing the title race on their own, without having any help from us.

My scenario was highlighting the fact that i want us to get 3 points from EVERY game we play.

A win eases pressure on the team.

A win eases pressure on the manager.

Some people on here are more concerned about Liverpool winning the league and having to take some stick, than the performance and standing of our own club.

With all of the pressure that he is currently under from all angles, he has got to be thinking or dreaming even how good it would be if he and the team could somehow pull off the extremely unlikely in tonight's game and beat one of the best teams in front of the home crowd. I hope his dream comes true because all i am interested in is Everton winning and improving and being able to compete with the best again.

More likely we will be disappointed again but with the added bonus of seeing the RS knocked of the top of the table.

And so say all of us

We need guarantees though for all of our next appointments if we want to taste success. If we can't guarantee success for need the nearest to it. I don't think allowing another 2 former players and 1 current to blood themselves in as coaches at the club will bring that success we have craved for over 24 years. So unfortunately I think us as fans and the club would potentially lose if we allowed this to happen.
Completely disagree.
There are no guarantees.

This type of thinking is us continuing to bang our heads against the wall.
Forget the former players bit for a second.
We need a coach who can get our defence and transitional play/structure sorted.
We need a coach who will not accept defeat in our own house.
Pickford, Digne, Mina, Keane (?), Kenny are good enough to do this - with the right motivation and leadership.
If we get in a coach that gets our house in order (on the pitch), and he's not tactically astute to progress us any further,
then we then get in someone else again.
maybe after some time as no.2, arteta might be that guy. you get the feeling he's tactically smart.
I'm not saying go all BFS on it again.

But bringing in a coach after BFS, that is a million miles away from the big fella's approach, in itself is stupid.
What we've ended up with this season is a manger who can get the team motivated and focused in the right way - a side that lacks confidence and belief and appears confused; and a manger whose tactics are of schoolboy grade and don't belong in the PL.

We need to see some substance and soul brought back into it.
There are no guarantees with this either
But continuing to throw massive amounts of money at managers and players is not the answer at the moment.
We need a manager who going to get bring on and get the best out of players like Kenny
Who can bring on some young lads and build an ethic.
People talk about having patience with Silva. Its a different type of patience we need.

Consider if Silva had worse players to work with where we'd be on the table now.
The players are holding their own to some extent, despite this manager.

Yup. I think I made my reasoning behind it perfectly clear?

And hey, maybe we could have got a manager in who could win a big game and got through to the proper Champions League instead of a glorified pre season game?
Doesn't matter who we get if we react the same way after a run of bad form. Most Managers have them. Silva needs until the end of the season to assess if he can turn this around. At that point it will depend on how much of an impact squad quality is considered to be at fault for where ever we finish. He has not been able to build 'his' team, he has really had a summer of sorting out the left over dross and bolstering where he could. Ask a manager in any business how hard it is to achieve what you want when you have problem/poor employees to deal with first. It can easily take 2 years to build the stability and capabilities in a team.Brands will know if Silva has a plan that they both believe will work or not. Talk of a new manager is premature and counterproductive at such an early stage. Indeed if we are only judging a manager on short term results we should have keep Allardyce (shudders!) as he keeps reminding us.
This is not a bad spell...this is pure relegation form...see the stats

Consider if Silva had worse players to work with where we'd be on the table now.
The players are holding their own to some extent, despite this manager.
Yes, that’s why u see Digne free kicks, Long range shots by Siggy, Ricky finishes...these individual moments of brilliance keep us afloat...

Im sorry but your post said you would happily finish 3 points worse off, if it stopped them winning the title.

You did not say "depending on the situation"

I have said, regardless of how it affects other clubs, i want 3 points from every game we play. Every game.

My clubs position, my clubs results matter more to me than any other club. Regardless of scenario's.

Well done mate, I only hope you're rewarded with a birthday message from the squad calling you Sarah to reward you for your superfan status.

I want him to do well and succeed but I suspect that once again people have made their minds up and won’t change unless we win something.

Everyone is a pundit these days so they don’t want to be seen to be wrong. They can’t lose face to their mates at the pub.

Just my view but a free flowing attacking side outside of the top 6 is always going to ship goals for fun. Until we are established I think we need a more defensive minded and pragmatic manager. It only takes a hard tackle or abit of snide to get our fans going. (Disclaimer I am not wishing for the days of Big Sam)
We don't need a new manager
We need our manager to be a bit more flexible

Status
Not open for further replies.