• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get "hung up" on changes because when a manager changes over half the team from the previous league, it gives the players the impression the game is not a priority and the result isn't that important. Unfortunately that's how modern players see it. Especially our players who need no encouragement to coast through an afternoon. We also don't have good depth to rotate and still compete.

I would play Calvert Lewin and Davies for Gueye. That's the only changes I would make. And that's cause i think they will help the team.

I can't have us going with that shape that started today mate. It doesn't work, for me.

I doubt there'll be more than 3 or 4 changes. And I think any change that is made will be in an effort to improve the team.

Ironically, I think had he made changes today, and not stuck with the same side, we'd have fared better, or at least been better suited to deal with Southampton.

It should be horses for courses. At the moment he isn't doing that and it's a worry.

Mina next week should play because aerially he's our best CB and Millwall will look to that as an area they can attack. Zouma and Keane should start because a back three means we can push our wing-backs up and then Gyfli should play because he can create something from nothing. Whoever the other midfielder is needs to be a hassler, so probably Gana - Davies simply isn't good enough in a two.

Then it's a proper front three. Whatever the make up of it.

Maybe Brands will finally get the manager he wanted in philipp Cocu instead of Silva that had been promised the job before Brands had even arrived.

I can't have us going with that shape that started today mate. It doesn't work, for me.

I doubt there'll be more than 3 or 4 changes. And I think any change that is made will be in an effort to improve the team.

Ironically, I think had he made changes today, and not stuck with the same side, we'd have fared better, or at least been better suited to deal with Southampton.

It should be horses for courses. At the moment he isn't doing that and it's a worry.

Mina next week should play because aerially he's our best CB and Millwall will look to that as an area they can attack. Zouma and Keane should start because a back three means we can push our wing-backs up and then Gyfli should play because he can create something from nothing. Whoever the other midfielder is needs to be a hassler, so probably Gana - Davies simply isn't good enough in a two.

Then it's a proper front three. Whatever the make up of it.

If you're wanting to play our best front 3 in either a 433 or 343, then for me it's either

Richarlison DCL Walcott

Or

Lookman Richarlison Walcott

Or

Richarlison DCL Lookman

Bernard is only offering flashes in the middle third. Not enough up the field where it hurts teams.

Disgraceful performance.

Professionals who can’t pass to a blue shirt.

How long do we give this seriously?

Every week it’s absolute dross.

If you're wanting to play our best front 3 in either a 433 or 343, then for me it's either

Richarlison DCL Walcott

Or

Lookman Richarlison Walcott

Or

Richarlison DCL Lookman

Bernard is only offering flashes in the middle third. Not enough up the field where it hurts teams.

Fair enough, but in a 3-4-3 I think it's different.

I'm thinking of how it clicked v Burnley, and Bernard was crucial. He played as a forward but dropped back to pick up the ball on the turn and drive us forward at pace. That can work v Millwall, I think, whether it's him or Lookman in the role.

Then it's two of Rich/DCL/Walcott for the other spots.

There's zero evidence he wanted Cocu.

On the contrary, theres plenty of evidence that shows he DIDNT want Cocu.

Everton chief Marcel Brands says he never suggested Phillip Cocu to the club last season.

Brands worked with Cocu at PSV Eindhoven before they both left earlier this year, with Cocu moving to Fenerbahce. The Dutch coach has since been sacked by the Turkish giants.

Brands told De Telegraaf: "It is not good to take your own people with you as a foreigner.

"For me it was better not to start with a Dutchman in the Premier League, otherwise you have two people at the helm who have not worked in England before."

Marco Silva became the new manager of the Toffees and Brands is "very happy" with him.

"I already knew him from Sporting CP, where I occasionally scouted for PSV."

Brands feels for Cocu over his demise at Fener.

"Normally, Phillip and Fenerbahçe... he would not have done it, but he was impressed by their plans, which is a shame that it's ending, the start was dramatic and it was always going to be difficult."

He thinks he's something special. He's one of the worst, or probably THE worst, Everton managers I have ever seen.
That’s a ridiculous statement the worst by a distance is FAT SAM!! I’m not defending how we are playing at the moment but some of the blame has to fall on the players. I think he should get this season and at least a quarter of next season to get more of his own players in to be judged. He is still dealing with a crock of cack players from previous managers once this is dealt with and he has his own players we will see change I’m sure of it

Status
Not open for further replies.