• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right but I think that tells you how poor the rest have been. The reality is that Richarlison's performances have tapered off disturbingly which makes his transfer fee seem shocking to outsiders at present. Gomes again hasn't been as effective since before Xmas. Digne granted has been decent. Zouma doesn't look solid enough at the back. Bernard is too lightweight but it can be argued has been effective. The list goes on.

Can you tell me what new signings have consistently impressed you then?

Richarlison has scored 9 league goals and cost £40m. That's not shocking to anyone in the current market. Also, I don't care what 'outsiders' think. Why should we?

Digne has been our best player.

Gomes was superb in the first few weeks he was in. He's out of form at the moment.

Bernard has shown promise.

Zouma and Mina - so so.

What exactly is a crazy suggestion there?

Getting rid of our crap players?
All I am saying is the team needs gradual change. We just need a no nonsense coach who will stand up to the players we have and make them work hard, while drilling in Firm defensive principles .

Stop pushing our fullbacks so far forward and leaving us defensively completely crippled.

Stop playing 4-2-3-1 and leaving the striker, Richarlison or who ever it might be to fight again 2 or 3 centre backs.

But he won't because he's so predictable and incapable of doing anything remotely different.

No we don't. That's the point in all of this.

All these calls for sacking Silva, the same calls to sack allardyce, koeman , Martinez, unsworth etc.

The common denominator is the players no matter how you try and twist it. When the players fail to do the simple things , that's not down to the manager. If we miss shots , that's not down to the manager. If we can't pass 5 yards or pick a man up and switch off on set pieces, that isn't the manager. Same as it wasn't allardyce that had largely the same squad last season failing the basics, same as under koeman.

If the whole team tactic is wrong then it's the manager . If we struggle on every set pieces then it's the manager. If we make poor subs then it's the manager.

For far too long these players get a free ride and the blame keeps being put on the manager. Yes Silva has been making mistakes this season but ask yourself this, is it simply the manager that is always at fault here or maybe , just maybe, it's the players who simply aren't good enough?

Perhaps if we start reckonising this squad on the whole as being average with a few better players inbetween then maybe not winning the league every year won't come as much a surprise as it seems to be.

We are crap , we've been crap for a number of years now. No matter who the manager is we get games like today. The whole culture at the club and mentality is wrong. Been that way since Moyes and it's not changing now. Until we remove the mentality and change it then we will continue to have games like today. There isn't fight , there isn't a winning mentality, there's no passion.

Until we ship out everyone who was bought up until brands arrived then we will continue to have this. Brands is here to completely change the way the club operates and he will do in time. What we need to do as fans is have patience here and just accept who we are as a club. Until then we have lots more crap saturdays to come

So just to cut a long story short, are you saying these players cant play football

Digne
Zouma
Gomes
Bernard
Richarlison
Lookman

There's 6 of the 11 starting today not including Pickford who isn't exactly scared of the ball.

Are you saying that lot are incapable of playing decent passing football? If they are incapable of playing football then we have a recruitment problem because 5 of those 6 came in the summer.

We can go on and on about not winning sod all for years we are all aware of it, we are all aware that that there's been a squad of bottlers used to abject failure year on year. Are the players I've mentioned players used to abject failure year on year?

I don't think it's too much to expect to be able to see players play simple 10 yard passes and not struggle, players to play with a tempo, shape and balance and giving it a go.

When that doesn't happen the manager will be rightly called into question. The reason previous managers have been sacked is because they probably weren't good enough in the first place and the reason any manager gets sacked is when results/performances aren't good enough.

Only because we sacked Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce doesn't mean that Silva shouldn't be sacked if things don't improve. It's a results business and results are something we seem incapable of stringing together

Edit apologies as my short story turned long

Indeed mate. The huge wages are the problem. No one wants to pay what Everton want plus add to that the wage. That would be mad.

Exactly. I’m pretty sure we’d happily take massively reduced fees for just about all of them.

But ain’t nobody paying what we pay them.

So just to cut a long story short, are you saying these players cant play football

Digne
Zouma
Gomes
Bernard
Richarlison
Lookman

There's 6 of the 11 starting today not including Pickford who isn't exactly scared of the ball.

Are you saying that lot are incapable of playing decent passing football? If they are incapable of playing football then we have a recruitment problem because 5 of those 6 came in the summer.

We can go on and on about not winning sod all for years we are all aware of it, we are all aware that that there's been a squad of bottlers used to abject failure year on year. Are the players I've mentioned players used to abject failure year on year?

I don't think it's too much to expect to be able to see players play simple 10 yard passes and not struggle, players to play with a tempo, shape and balance and giving it a go.

When that doesn't happen the manager will be rightly called into question. The reason previous managers have been sacked is because they probably weren't good enough in the first place and the reason any manager gets sacked is when results/performances aren't good enough.

Only because we sacked Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce doesn't mean that Silva shouldn't be sacked if things don't improve. It's a results business and results are something we seem incapable of stringing together

Edit apologies as my short story turned long
Post of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.