• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No we don't. That's the point in all of this.

All these calls for sacking Silva, the same calls to sack allardyce, koeman , Martinez, unsworth etc.

The common denominator is the players no matter how you try and twist it. When the players fail to do the simple things , that's not down to the manager. If we miss shots , that's not down to the manager. If we can't pass 5 yards or pick a man up and switch off on set pieces, that isn't the manager. Same as it wasn't allardyce that had largely the same squad last season failing the basics, same as under koeman.

If the whole team tactic is wrong then it's the manager . If we struggle on every set pieces then it's the manager. If we make poor subs then it's the manager.

For far too long these players get a free ride and the blame keeps being put on the manager. Yes Silva has been making mistakes this season but ask yourself this, is it simply the manager that is always at fault here or maybe , just maybe, it's the players who simply aren't good enough?

Perhaps if we start reckonising this squad on the whole as being average with a few better players inbetween then maybe not winning the league every year won't come as much a surprise as it seems to be.

We are crap , we've been crap for a number of years now. No matter who the manager is we get games like today. The whole culture at the club and mentality is wrong. Been that way since Moyes and it's not changing now. Until we remove the mentality and change it then we will continue to have games like today. There isn't fight , there isn't a winning mentality, there's no passion.

Until we ship out everyone who was bought up until brands arrived then we will continue to have this. Brands is here to completely change the way the club operates and he will do in time. What we need to do as fans is have patience here and just accept who we are as a club. Until then we have lots more crap saturdays to come

My question then is why are we not playing a style that suits the players we have? Why are you trying to get players with less capability to play like Barcelona? That is the managers fault and he should be made accountable........

Pay the big money for a proper manager, or stop complaining that our position isn’t good enough. Moshiri is clueless.

Okay mastermind.

What 'proper manager' do you want?

I'm not saying Silva is the best thing since sliced bread. He clearly has his faults. But what manager, that was available, would have come to Everton, for this 'mega money'.

Tuchel - PSG
Ancelotti - Napoli
Emery - Arsenal
Favre (who gets plenty of stick as well btw) - Dortmund

???

I thought that a couple of games back mate but I think a bad defeat in the cup and Huddesfield could be the final straw. I wouldn't be surprised if winning one and losing the other was enough to save him though. Even if he does hang on till the end of the season, I can't see him being here next season if things continue like they are.

Watford away would be apt, they’d love that.

.....10-1 to be next Manager to leave his post.

He won't be going anywhere Eggs. It would be pointless and reek of panic. Brands, if anything, won't let that happen.

We aren't going to finish any higher than 7th. We aren't going to finish lower than 12th. There's no need to sack in the middle of the first campaign.

Here goes ....we need a manager who understands the premier league,who has a winning mentality,who will help attract players and will show some passion on the touchline Steven Gerrard .
As a player I hated him with a passion, wished him every deadly illness going and would have willingly dug his grave but I think he will end up being a great manager.

He said: “When I spoke with him (Moshiri) before I came in, I told him that if you want success next year don’t look for me because I cannot bring that."

Its a process.

I’m aware it’s a process and he has a hell’a job in front of him and I’m more confident in him than any other appointment/signing we’ve made. However, still need a decent manager to put the finishing touches on the field

It’ll be interesting to see what brands job description covers in terms of managerial appointments and dismissals. I’d imagine he’ll be the one making the call

I’m aware it’s a process and he has a hell’a job in front of him and I’m more confident in him than any other appointment/signing we’ve made. However, still need a decent manager to put the finishing touches on the field

It’ll be interesting to see what brands job description covers in terms of managerial appointments and dismissals. I’d imagine he’ll be the one making the call

Hes a Board Member now, hes the Don Daddy, everything stops at his door, footballing wise.

It's not Silva's fault, it's all to do with our expectations. If we expect to lose more often than not we will be on target, yes?

You may question why we have spent so much money, but it's to ensure we can hit our targets. Like today, I expected to lose and therefore I was neither shocked, surprised or saddened by the result. I'm living the dream, come join me in the church of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.