• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Silva haters on here, Pep Guadiola has said Liverpool are probably the best team in the world right now, over the top I reckon, but Everton were 10 seconds from getting a respectable draw against them lot.

Silva has only been here a few months, let’s see what team he can put together in the summer and we have cleared the deadwood out, he is not stupid and knows exactly what he wants.

Like what someone posted the other day, didn’t Liverpool get beat 6-1 by Stoke in Klopps 1st season

It was under Brandon Rodgers and Gerrard's last game for Liverpool. Bloody hilarious though :dance:

Fella is sadly throwing in the towel lads.

Hes gone full knife to a gunfight here.

Everton must take an "honest" look at Premier League rivals' budgets before aiming for the top six, according to manager Marco Silva.
Defeat to Brighton on Saturday left Everton with just one win in their last seven top-flight matches and 12 points behind sixth-placed Manchester United.
Everton spent around £90m to bring in Richarlison (Watford), Yerry Mina and Lucas Digne (Barcelona) in the summer, having shelled out double that figure on signings last season.

"We as a club didn't say once we will challenge for the top six," a guarded Silva said, ahead of facing Leicester City on New Year's Day, who sit above them in the table.

"I don't know why you are asking me this situation about what I want, it is not a lack of ambition, because we have big ambition behind us as a club but we have to be honest and fair as well and look for the other clubs' budget."

Silva refused to accept Everton will not finish in the top six this season, but indicated the club are laying the foundations for a future challenge to the English super powers.

"If we can fight for something we will fight," he said. "But we have to be smart in these types of things as well.

"Our goal is to win the next match. Even if you are an ambitious club you have to create conditions that in the future you are able to fight with this top six like you want."

Everton must take an "honest" look at Premier League rivals' budgets before aiming for the top six, according to manager Marco Silva.
Defeat to Brighton on Saturday left Everton with just one win in their last seven top-flight matches and 12 points behind sixth-placed Manchester United.
Everton spent around £90m to bring in Richarlison (Watford), Yerry Mina and Lucas Digne (Barcelona) in the summer, having shelled out double that figure on signings last season.

"We as a club didn't say once we will challenge for the top six," a guarded Silva said, ahead of facing Leicester City on New Year's Day, who sit above them in the table.

"I don't know why you are asking me this situation about what I want, it is not a lack of ambition, because we have big ambition behind us as a club but we have to be honest and fair as well and look for the other clubs' budget."

Silva refused to accept Everton will not finish in the top six this season, but indicated the club are laying the foundations for a future challenge to the English super powers.

"If we can fight for something we will fight," he said. "But we have to be smart in these types of things as well.

"Our goal is to win the next match. Even if you are an ambitious club you have to create conditions that in the future you are able to fight with this top six like you want."

Fair.

He’s not wrong. A solid cup run, top 10 finish, and getting rid of the dross is all that be expected this year. Provided he continues to receive adequate investment, next season he needs to get into Europe or there will be questions. Ideally by season three we’ll be challenging for the top 4.

Imean, that's just excuses. "We never said we would be better than the most negative manager we've ever had after spending untold millions"?

It's a massively improved squad and he's got them pretty much exactly where they were last year. That's saying "it's not MY fault!".

Im sorry but that's just pathetic.

Just seen this on SKY Sports

Last Season
Won 7
Drew 6
Lost 7
GD -6
Points 27
Position 9th

This Season
Won 7
Drew 6
Lost 7
GD +1
Points 27
Position 10th

Just WOW

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. If you only looked at points, you might think these team were comparable. Obviously, a goal differential difference of 7 is telling, but no one in their right minds would think after watching each side - or even just doing some minimal analysis - that they were comparable. One generated few chances, was lucky to score on them, was fortunately not to give up even more goals, and generally were beaten soundly and deservedly by mid to lower table sides. The other had a couple harsh red cards, had some other strange things happen to them, generally outplayed its opponents, generated lots of scoring chances, and was a bit unfortunate.

So if you are Sky and you have a fun narrative to sell - and that's the idea that Everton is no better and their buddy, Sam Allardyce isn't that bad and little plucky Everton should be eternally residing in mid table obscurity - then those numbers kinda make sense. I can't believe they kept the GD up there.

But we are night and day better.

Imean, that's just excuses. "We never said we would be better than the most negative manager we've ever had after spending untold millions"?

It's a massively improved squad and he's got them pretty much exactly where they were last year. That's saying "it's not MY fault!".

Im sorry but that's just pathetic.

Agree he’s been provided shed loads of cash and the team he’s put out is his baring a couple of players, mainly his recruits.

This last press conference talking about ‘ I never promised top 6’ stinks of excuses. Comparing the budgets of the top 6 is more excuses.

You don’t need more money to beat ale house sides like Brighton, Newcastle, watford and west ham Marco!!

In what way are we better?

If you think for a second I'm going to address anything you post with anything substantive knowing that you are a complete troll, don't care, or are too dense to understand, you are sadly mistaken. It's been posted several times already. Good do your own analysis.

If you think for a second I'm going to address anything you post with anything substantive knowing that you are a complete troll, don't care, or are too dense to understand, you are sadly mistaken. It's been posted several times already. Good do your own analysis.

Okies :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.