• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva took a small club like Estoril to the top flight in portugal.They then after promotion, went on to finish 5th and 4th.He won a portugese cup with Sporting Lisbon in 2015.That was sportings first trophy since 2008.His Olympiakos side, beat Arsenal in the champions league.Granted his record in England is a bit meh, but to make out that Silva has no pedigree is laughable.I would imagine that once the wasters are cleared out, and Silva has a squad to his own liking created.Then in a around a years time we will have a better idea, as to whether he will be a success at Everton or not.
His efforts in Portugual with Estoril are no more impressive than Jack Ross’s at St Mirren. Jack is now at Sunderland, and seems capable of getting them promotion. But there is no way I would say he is ready for Everton.

Seems to me football is a bit like boxing, where you get hype job managers with padded records who get a shot in the Premier and make a killing.

I imagine part of the reason he was appointed was his Mendes connections. But Mendes is far more invested in Wolves, leaving us high and dry.

Personally we should not be signing managers based on their connections. What connections did Moyes have? But his dedication to scouting allowed him to build a solid team on the cheap. He also would roast players if they put in the sort of performances we have been seeing under successive managers.

Maybe Brands will finally get the manager he wanted in philipp Cocu instead of Silva that had been promised the job before Brands had even arrived.
Cocu would be one of the last managers you'd want at FF.
To understand that you have to understand what Dutch football has been going through.

Its been heading down a cul de sac for some time now.
Cocu along with the likes of De Boer and Blind are now walking round in circles scratching their heads.

Dutch football focused too much on possession football and tactics, which are now too easily read and countered.
They have overtrained the players in tactics and retaining posssession and trained the instinctual skill and joy out of them.
It use to work because the up and coming players drew inspiration and the joie de vivre from previous generations; which ended up marrying skill with dutch tactics.
Basically the expressiveness has been knocked out of them.
Its no coincidence that the world class dutch players are now mostly defenders. Not one is a striker.

But it is changing. A bit of fight club esq cleansing of the psyche is taking place.
One manager worth keeping an eye on is PSV's Mark Van Brommel.
Might suit Everton down to the ground in two or three years time.

Missing the point entirely there, no surprise. Had either previous occasion not happened then he'd have a longer stint in charge to be more accustomed and accomplished to the English game
He could’ve rejected the advances and focus on building a career at one club and learning the culture of English money, but no.

Cocu would be one of the last managers you'd want at FF.
To understand that you have to understand what Dutch football has been going through.

Its been heading down a cul de sac for some time now.
Cocu along with the likes of De Boer and Blind are now walking round in circles scratching their heads.

Dutch football focused too much on possession football and tactics, which are now too easily read and countered.
They have overtrained the players in tactics and retaining posssession and trained the instinctual skill and joy out of them.
It use to work because the up and coming players drew inspiration and the joie de vivre from previous generations; which ended up marrying skill with dutch tactics.
Basically the expressiveness has been knocked out of them.
Its no coincidence that the world class dutch players are now mostly defenders. Not one is a striker.

But it is changing. A bit of fight club esq cleansing of the psyche is taking place.
One manager worth keeping an eye on is PSV's Mark Van Brommel.
Might suit Everton down to the ground in two or three years time.
Exactly - which makes me wonder why they appointed Brands to be DOF. I don’t think the Dutch League is a good enough standard for us to be headhunting for arguably our most important position

He could’ve rejected the advances and focus on building a career at one club and learning the culture of English money, but no.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, at Hull he may have been prepared to take the promotion challenge but Watford's offer was too good to turn down, with the situation last season he should have resigned but felt he could have pulled it together, Watford were determined to get rid of him no matter what after knocking us back even if he had turned their form around

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, at Hull he may have been prepared to take the promotion challenge but Watford's offer was too good to turn down, with the situation last season he should have resigned but felt he could have pulled it together, Watford were determined to get rid of him no matter what after knocking us back even if he had turned their form around
Nobody fecks with the senior management at Watford!

Inappropriate Language
The only attraction of Silva was to [Poor language removed] them bitchy Watford fans and the 'we are the mighty everton and we'll take your manager' trip that we all were on. Them petty things seemed fun enough to not look at it critically ... and just now we are all going 'wait why did we get him for, he's done nothing in the game'.

Not all of us but a lot of us deserve this.

His efforts in Portugual with Estoril are no more impressive than Jack Ross’s at St Mirren. Jack is now at Sunderland, and seems capable of getting them promotion. But there is no way I would say he is ready for Everton.

Seems to me football is a bit like boxing, where you get hype job managers with padded records who get a shot in the Premier and make a killing.

I imagine part of the reason he was appointed was his Mendes connections. But Mendes is far more invested in Wolves, leaving us high and dry.

Personally we should not be signing managers based on their connections. What connections did Moyes have? But his dedication to scouting allowed him to build a solid team on the cheap. He also would roast players if they put in the sort of performances we have been seeing under successive managers.

Well some of this lot, have failed to perform for Martinez, Koeman, Unsy, Fat Sam, and they don't seem to be performing for Silva either.Im willing to wait, until Silva has his own squad built, before making judgement on him.At the moment, it's all up in the air.But he needs at least, two full seasons in the job.

Silva took a small club like Estoril to the top flight in portugal.They then after promotion, went on to finish 5th and 4th.He won a portugese cup with Sporting Lisbon in 2015.That was sportings first trophy since 2008.His Olympiakos side, beat Arsenal in the champions league.Granted his record in England is a bit meh, but to make out that Silva has no pedigree is laughable.I would imagine that once the wasters are cleared out, and Silva has a squad to his own liking created.Then in a around a years time we will have a better idea, as to whether he will be a success at Everton or not.
He brought in 6 players this year and routinely plays 5 of them every match. What makes you think that MORE players who are very poor for the better part of 2 months is the answer?

He brought in 6 players this year and routinely plays 5 of them every match. What makes you think that MORE players who are very poor for the better part of 2 months is the answer?

Well to be honest, i would rather go with the newer bunch going forward, as opposed to the old guard, who have failed our last couple of managers.So yes there is a a core of senior players, that are a problem.The evidence of that, is right there in front of our very eyes, over the past 3 to 4 years.

Finally a bit of common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.