• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or like Manchester United headhunting the football manager at Aberdeen. Or like appointing some incompetent footballer from some Serie B team to manage AC Milan. Or like promoting your youth coach with a single year of experience as the manager of Barcelona.
Fergie has won the Cup Winners Cup and dethroned the Old Firm, as one half of the New Firm. Hardly comparable.

And Pep had been steeped in the Barca system, and had the support of said system. He was not put in charge of establishing that system.

Hiring him was a massive gamble, but everything is unless you’re in that top bracket of clubs and can afford/attract the best.

Even then there's no guarantees. United's last two managers were taken from the top echelon and it didn't end well for either.

It’s amazing how many people here are OK with Silva floating around 11-13 and patting him on the back for his efforts...then agreeing for another season or two with wasting another truckload of cash...
What is his target then, keep us safe from relegation?

It’s amazing how many people here are OK with Silva floating around 11-13 and patting him on the back for his efforts...then agreeing for another season or two with wasting another truckload of cash...

It's almost as if some people realise that it takes longer than six months to build consistency and that progression isnt always linear.

“We sold Romelu for £75m and he was on £70,000 a week, in that region,” he explained. “[To replace him] you would have to pay £120m and pay £250,000 a week, so that is the challenge. It is why football experts of Marcel’s calibre are needed. Infrastructure is important and to comply with financial fair play you need to go for younger players on low wages. You might have to pay big fees but you’ve got to keep the wages down and that is the challenge. I think we’ve learned. We’ve had bad luck, we’ve had poor judgment but I feel the business we did in the summer shows that we are going in the right direction, but it’s been difficult.”

Fans seem to think it’s easy to find the next Jamie Vardy. It’s probably the hardest thing ever. The person who actually found Vardy is the person most blame for the predicament we are in at the moment. That proves it’s near impossible to replicate. And takes luck as much as skill.

However, that last paragraph makes no sense whatsoever. If it takes £120m to replace Lukaku, why was he only sold for £75m? You could argue that he was on fairly reasonable wages and that was a factor but using moshiri’s logic he’s openly admitting failure to extract value from the sale of a player.

So either his logic or negotiating skills are flawed.

Consistency as a unit across the board, yes it will take time...but at least stop letting goals from set pieces or don’t get beaten at home...

I think I posted sometime last year, saying how, if sacking managers until they got the right one in worked for Spurs so why is it not a model for us.

However, seeing firsthand what sacking managers regularly does, the damage it can cause, especially when considering the squad would be a mish mash of different managers players and the whole starting over/transition thing.

I have had a rethink and desperately want the Club to find some stability. To hopefully finally arrive at this and hopefully getting ourselves a long term manager, I personally feel that we have to ride out the inconsistencies this season bar an absolute disaster. It's not ideal and certainly not enjoyable but at some point you have to look at the bigger picture and have some faith(hard for Blues I know).

Bielsa teams have a tendency to go into meltdown. His style is exhausting and drains his players over the season. They have already had a major blip, though they have recovered with the Derby win. Let’s see how they go from here.

He's a fascinating man.
Its argued Guardiola could not do what he does with a championship side.
You need a club culture with a winning mentality, players of serious quality and most importantly players who are intelligent enough and mentally strong enough to maintain the intensity - all interdependent on each other.
City's 'blip' may just be the two games against Palace and Leceister during an exhausting schedule.

Bielsa has taken a relatively average bunch of players and has them at the top. So far he's proving this wrong.
I'd be amazed if he can his team can sustain it.

But I'd take his intensity, belief, tactics and clarity of purpose over the current manifestation of Everton play anyday.

Win tomorrow and we will be 2pts off 7th and sat on 30pts. We would need 10pts from 16 games to survive relegation.

Our next 5 games are all against teams where we should pick up points, bournemouth, southampton and then huddersfield in Jan...

I meant it tongue in cheek, because obviously relegation or even finishing close to it won’t happen (I know, famous last words) but at the end of the day, we’re 21 games into a season and the feeling is just a tad meh.

By the way, I’m not advocating sacking Silva like some, I’ve defended him on here now a fair few times. For me he gets this window (now looking unlikely we’ll bring anyone in) and the Summer transfer window, then next season Is when lads can rightly scrutinise him to the hilt.

He's a fascinating man.
Its argued Guardiola could not do what he does with a championship side.
You need a club culture with a winning mentality, players of serious quality and most importantly players who are intelligent enough and mentally strong enough to maintain the intensity - all interdependent on each other.
City's 'blip' may just be the two games against Palace and Leceister during an exhausting schedule.

Bielsa has taken a relatively average bunch of players and has them at the top. So far he's proving this wrong.
I'd be amazed if he can his team can sustain it.

But I'd take his intensity, belief, tactics and clarity of purpose over the current manifestation of Everton play anyday.

Bielsa hasn't "proved this wrong" - he is doing what he usually does, getting players to buy in to his methods. When he will have problems is when they decide they've had enough of his antics, or when the board doesnt back him in whatever he thinks is right and he ragequits.

He is a great visionary, but his disciples probably learn what not to do from him as much as they adopt his methods - thats why although they ape his tactics, Guardiola / Simeone / Poch etc do not get sacked within a couple of years and why they've (well, except Poch) actually win things. As a manager I'd rate Moore ahead of him, what he has done at West Brom has been exceptional (and if he had been appointed instead of Pardew they would not have gone down).

Status
Not open for further replies.