• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember a team creating this many chances against City at the Etihad.

Richarlison had two, Walcott had one, another for DCL. Same against the RS with Gomes and Mina.

Need to start taking our chances but I can see bundles of progress.

Exactly, his style is working, especially when we've made so many changes to the team, we're just a team playing with no proper striker and its showing. City and the RS have the meanest defences and we've opened up both of them with ease, just a couple of months into the project.

Exactly, his style is working, especially when we've made so many changes to the team, we're just a team playing with no proper striker and its showing. City and the RS have the meanest defences and we've opened up both of them with ease, just a couple of months into the project.
Missed 3 or 4 clear cut chances today. OK we were poor at the back but it could have been so different if 1 or 2 of those chances had been taken.

Still a work in progress, and will continue to be for at least the rest of the season.

I don't even understand how people still manage to fume so much given on average we've been a mid table team for the majority of the past 25+ years with literally no success in 23 years. You'd think after all these years people would be reasonably chill about getting beaten away from home by an elite level club but people still get mad as if they think we should be doing better despite there being no evidence to support that we should be doing better. We are what we are, accept our place in the pecking order because its not changing anytime soon... the top 4 are on a completely different planet and the gaps not going to get any smaller anytime soon imo, in-fact id argue it's going to get bigger.

In a weird way I'm happy we've still got supporters like that who live and die the club's motto but God knows what it does to their health. I am just realistic about where we are as a team and as a club.

We could always fluke a win away at one of the top 6 but it is hugely unlikely. As you say, they are miles ahead of us and despite us having a good squad it will still be a huge ask for us to bridge that gap.

Yes we will probably get better but so will the other teams. Unless we spend absurd money or recruit ridiculously well, and by that I mean even better than this summer then we will struggle to be in the shake up for the top 4.

I really would hesitate with the opened them up with ease. Two chances against Liverpool and all but one of our chances today coming when they are two goals ahead and happy to sit back.

I think overall we are heading in the right direction and playing far better football. I do however think we struggle to create from open play when the opposition are fully focused on defending.

What makes folk he'll get things right on the evidence so far?

He doesn't know his defence from his midfield from his *ahem* attack...

Whoever sees where we are now in the table as acceptable is not a true Evertonian.

Considering we haven’t won a trophy for twenty three years and spent the last fifteen years pretty much floating between anywhere from 5th to 11th, then yeah, 8th is acceptable.

We aren’t very good, and haven’t been very good for a long while.

Get some perspective mate and swerve the top blue nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.