• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually side Lookman aside but do carry on posting lies mate.

Take our front 3 out with injuries we have Tosun, Davies and DCL

Take theirs out they have players who yes are not great but can still do a job and A. Score (Hernandez, Antonio and Carroll) or B. Create something (Snodgrass, Obiang)

The fact some people are even trying to argue that our squad is stronger outside the starting 11 is hilarious when you look at the squad we have.

Pellegrini is also a better manager than Silva and I was gutted we never went for him in the summer.

Im willing to give Silva the full season but im less than impressed at this stage.

Well you didn't, you said 'Lookman aside our bench is horrific', and went on to say all of the players you listed are better than all the ones on our bench today.

But aside from that, you seem to have more of an issue with Brands than Silva. Given that you think West Ham have a better squad than us, it suggests Silva is currently doing a better job than Pellegrini.

Surely we’ve got to give him 3 transfer windows to sort out this mess
I think Brands is the one primarily responsible for transfers, although Silva will obviously have an input to it. I think our recruitment last summer was pretty good. We've upgraded our left back, improved our options at centre back, Gomes is a massive up-grade on Schneiderlin or Davies and Richarlison has been decent overall. So, as I said, I think we now have better players than last season. It is up to the coach to get the team getting results and I don't think Silva is doing that. Things may improve as the season goes on, but if we finish the season in a lower position to the last one, given how much upheaval there was last year, then I think his position would need to be reviewed.

I think Brands is the one primarily responsible for transfers, although Silva will obviously have an input to it. I think our recruitment last summer was pretty good. We've upgraded our left back, improved our options at centre back, Gomes is a massive up-grade on Schneiderlin or Davies and Richarlison has been decent overall. So, as I said, I think we now have better players than last season. It is up to the coach to get the team getting results and I don't think Silva is doing that. Things may improve as the season goes on, but if we finish the season in a lower position to the last one, given how much upheaval there was last year, then I think his position would need to be reviewed.

Surely he gets this season and I agree if he gets anything lower than 7th in May with this squad then we need to ask if he is going to take the team forward. 17 games now gone I expect the team sitting comfortably in 7th but the teams around us are now overtaken us this ain’t look good with Spurs coming up next. The team and the manger must get themselves together. Do something with the horrendous defending. We need to keep clean sheets first and foremost.

We have only Spurs to play of the top six away and that's not even a proper away game so we might get something from that.

He has to deliver 7th, failure to achieve best of the rest even if that means nothing in itself will be a big knock for him, the squad, and the whole club.

European football, even though the UEL can be a nightmare to deal with for a limited squad, is essential to develop a sense of momentum for the club.

He must retain and build momentum to give us something concrete at season end, be that more optimism and/or Euro qualification.

The job is all about momentum and coping with what are to be expected troughs, and recovering and learning from them.

The win percentage away from home has to improve drastically. If we have any designs at all about ambition then it simply has to improve and I would expect Brands to drive that home to Silva - we are good enough for 7th and nothing less is acceptable.

I am happy enough to date but games will fly by from here on and I'd like to see a taster of what's to come if indeed we can expect season by season improvement.

The whole squad lacks real belief particularly away from home and that isn't 100% explained by the quality or lack thereof within the squad as it is.

Don't think it's very fair to question his selections today. If anything perhaps Sigurdsson could have been benched, and Holgate could have started. For me Zouma and DCL just had to play.

The stat about being on less points than this time last season under Unsworth and Allardyce is a damning one for Silva.

Even more damning for moshiri though. Blag merchant that is still getting away with it.
Points are a simple and easy but misleading metric to compare seasons with. You have to take it in context. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.