• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see that mate, whilst Mina has played well since he has come in Keane and Zouma had been playing really well together as well. The way I look at it is, have Mina's performances been any better than Keane's or Zouma's when they were playing together, IMO no.

The reason we are not right in the mix, and 10 points adrift is, our failure to put the ball in the back of the net when it mattered.

Yep.

And it's not for lack of chances created (mostly).

We've not created enough at times, but in the main we've always made 2-3 really gilt-edged chances and we should be putting them away.

Need some goalsscorers the big difference between us & the teams above us is the number of players they have with goals in them.

I hope & pray we sign Lozano & the Brazilian centre forward in January as you so right we have almost done the easy part. The real challenge begins now

I think it´s still a case of us needing better players all round. Cast your mind back to Spurs who were in a very similar situation to us, they had an amazing recruitment programme over a few years together with the emergence of Harry Kane.

Alli, Erikson, Vertonghen, Dembele etc were all purchased for what would seem like relatively low prices now. We´ve bought well this year but we now need these players to develop into top quality.

Are they capable of that? I´m not certain. I had high hopes for Bernard but he is taking time to adjust and I´m beginning to think his ceiling will be Pienaar type performances. Excellent player but below the Champions League level. Then there´s other players like Walcott who I think we need to upgrade on too. It´s a huge ask and it´s not simply just a striker we need, although it would help.

Wouldn’t expect much in January but hopefully we’ll have a good CF lined up for the summer. Early days but if we keep our best players and add a few bits of quality then we’ll be in a position to challenge.

Credit to Spurs for producing Harry Kane, but there’s obviously an element of fortune in unearthing a world class striker in your academy otherwise we’d all be at it! Maybe the next Rooney is lurking somewhere at FF....

You can say "we've been unlucky" just about every year tho. Eventually you need to make your own luck.
That is true I agree but anyone that can compare our performances this season with that of let’s say West Brom at home last season need help. The football we are playing is on a different level. Rather than picking the negatives we should be highlighting the positives. The one real blip this season for me was the Huddersfield game at home. West Ham we’re clinical and put their best performance of the season together and Newcastle’s away record is far more convincing than their home and they fought tooth and nail for a draw. You don’t just go expecting to win every game you’ve got to earn it, we are in danger of sounding like them over the park, get behind the team tomorrow win lose or draw and im expecting a better return in the preceding 19 games. Let’s see where this takes us.

Silva is doing a top job, as far as im concerned.The past week was disappointing.It kind of knocked that premature talk, about being top 4 contenders in the head.But the difference from this time last year is massive.Hopefully we get back on track tomorrow night.

Silva is doing a top job, as far as im concerned.The past week was disappointing.It kind of knocked that premature talk, about being top 4 contenders in the head.But the difference from this time last year is massive.Hopefully we get back on track tomorrow night.

We had very little chance of challenging the top 4 this season.

I doubt any sane person thought we would, its about next season, the season after, hell even the season after that, its a process.

Wouldn’t expect much in January but hopefully we’ll have a good CF lined up for the summer. Early days but if we keep our best players and add a few bits of quality then we’ll be in a position to challenge.

Credit to Spurs for producing Harry Kane, but there’s obviously an element of fortune in unearthing a world class striker in your academy otherwise we’d all be at it! Maybe the next Rooney is lurking somewhere at FF....

We already have the next Kane mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.