• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given up on the FA Cup?

Sadly I think the top teams have started taking the FA Cup alot more serious since Man City have basically made the title a one horse race.

The league cup I feel is our best chance of winning it as the top sides dont really play full strength until around the semi finals.

Sadly I think the top teams have started taking the FA Cup alot more serious since Man City have basically made the title a one horse race.

The league cup I feel is our best chance of winning it as the top sides dont really play full strength until around the semi finals.
The Leicester team tonight would not have been a walk over and even if City rotates half their team they'll still be putting out a side strong enough to win the league. If we even managed to get through that we would probably have a two legged tie against Arsenal/Spurs or Chelsea and if we did get lucky in the draw it would be odds on to face one of those three in the final. People acting like losing to Southampton was the only step between us and a cup final and it's just nothing like that.

I see pretty much every trip there as a free hit to be honest, because nobody ever expects us to do anything. Unfortunately none of our managers have ever agreed with me.

I think we can at least be confident that Silva will have a methodical plan of how to approach this game. I can't see us playing differently to how we did at Chelsea, which wasn't sitting back, but was more keeping it very contained and defending from the front. Naturally, Chelsea eventually took control because they are a better side, but we had our chances. Onus has to be on us to take them, which has been the issue.

But yes, I think this has to be considered as a free hit at least by ourselves as fans.

Our wins against the dross have put us in a good position to at least have something to build on heading into this fixture. The trick is, whatever happens, ensuring we pick up again v Newcastle, and then Watford.

But.. but.. but Sam said we played "attractive football". Good article this.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...nt-the-stats-show-how-marco-silva-has-done-it

skysports-radar-graphic-everton_4503518.jpg

In all 3 of the trips to the big teams (Arsenal, United and Chelsea) he has set them up to start quickly and get at them. We've been done by poor refereeing in all 3 and also a lack of ruthlessness in front of goal. I'm sure Marco will set us up to go at them but I can see a repeat occurring at the pit.
The intensity may have been the same if not more, but the Chelsea set up/tactics were different from Arsenal and United.

At Chelsea we tended more to a 4 man midfield with Sig and Walcott deeper after the intial press, with the spaces shut down much more effectively.
We could easily have scored against Chelsea while looking much less likely of conceding - ie a more realistic chance of winning than in the other two.

If we play the same tactics, hold the nerve and Rico and Bernard pull of some magic then we can win this.
But for me this match is more about the other 9.
Can they soak it up keep their sh.. together.

In Gylfi I reckon we've got close to the best counter box to box midfielder in the league.
This match is set up for him if the others play their part.
And/or if we're 0-0 at 65-70 with Lookman coming on we'd be in with a real good chance of doing em.

Status
Not open for further replies.