2018/19 Marco Silva

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Martinez signed Lukaku = Had a goalscorer
Koeman had £150mil+
Allardyce signed Tosun (and Walcott)

Silva has not signed a centre forward.
He didn't want one/said he had one in Richarlison.

Your argument is inconsistent.

Going back to;

39.3% of fans want to keep the manager whose in the process of a massive rebuild...

Just beaten chelsea and had some other positive results against them, the RS and other strong performances with some very young players.

Dearie dearie me!
Won a game have we?

Fans who expect better are unreasonable? - "dearie, dearie me?!"

Again, we're 11th - season was over on the 15th Feb when Millwall dumped us out the cup.

Our run of form;

L D D L L W L L W W L L W L L L W D L W

Teams #efc have beaten this season – Burnley, Cardiff, Brighton, Palace, Leicester, Fulham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Cardiff City, Chelsea.

Nowhere near good enough, not even in a "transitional" season. The season has been a write off.

Great, enjoy the win - a bloody rare one, but don't use it as an opportunity to be smug or sneer at other fans because you'll be found woefully wanting.

If anything it shows the side is capable, it again shows a big issue of the management getting some consistency from the side.

Dearie, dearie me.

Gilbert..

Player Valuation: £500k
If only we had held on against newcastle we would be 8th and alot would be behind him.
Not really mate tbh. Its the all over the place defending that has done my head in all season. Need more convincing he knows how to sort that out. Will be concerned if zouma comes back in next game. Shown far to much faith in him.

bicycleheader

Te parto la puta cara!
i honestly didnt see that defeat last week as down to him. we had weathered a brief storm at 2-1 and were looking comfy again IMO, then out of nowhere Sigurdsson sits down on his arse for no reason and gifts them possession.... they break and Pickford makes a mess of the save to hand them the goal and all the impetus.

not many would agree but id include that performance in what has been a good run since that break.

get another 10pts Marco minimum and hand the baton over to Marcel to do his bit and i would be looking forward to next season with optimism

Big_nev

Player Valuation: £10m
Could put it in any of the player threads tbh but Marco needs to be demanding consistency from here on out. No use beating Chelsea today and then meekly surrendering to West Ham in the week. If we want to achieve anything then the club as a whole needs to operate at a consistent higher level.

DRINGO

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Was worried after the 1st half ! Looked like they’d never played football before ! Didn’t have a clue what to do with the ball ! Better 2nd half tho !

Toffee-nerd

Player Valuation: £10m

Going back to;

Won a game have we?

Again, we're 11th - season was over on the 15th Feb when Millwall dumped us out the cup.

Our run of form;

Teams #efc have beaten this season – Burnley, Cardiff, Brighton, Palace, Leicester, Fulham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Cardiff City, Chelsea.

Nowhere near good enough, not even in a "transitional" season. The season has been a write off.

Great, enjoy the win - a bloody rare one, but don't use it as an opportunity to be smug or sneer at other fans because you'll be found woefully wanting.

If anything it shows the side is capable, it again shows a big issue of the management getting some consistency from the side.

Dearie, dearie me.
The results speak for themselves, we havent been good enough this season nobody is going to argue that. For me our season is condensed into that chelsea game. Nothing was changed in terms of personnel or tactics at half time yet the second half we were an entirely different team. All down to the players and how they apply themselves on the pitch and that epitomises our season. We are inconsistent but isn't that to be expected of a new team?

We finally got a win against a top 6 side, at home. We should all just be happy with that tbh rather than picking holes to prove a personal point, that at the end of the day doesnt make a blind bit of difference to the club.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
The results speak for themselves, we havent been good enough this season nobody is going to argue that. For me our season is condensed into that chelsea game. Nothing was changed in terms of personnel or tactics at half time yet the second half we were an entirely different team. All down to the players and how they apply themselves on the pitch and that epitomises our season. We are inconsistent but isn't that to be expected of a new team?

We finally got a win against a top 6 side, at home. We should all just be happy with that tbh rather than picking holes to prove a personal point, that at the end of the day doesnt make a blind bit of difference to the club.
Completely agree mate.

No need to beat an agenda to death, it is what it is.

ForeverBlue92

Player Valuation: £8m

Going back to;

Won a game have we?

Our run of form;

Dearie, dearie me.
Bournemouth beat this same Chelsea side 4-0.

People get way too excited by 1 win and dont look at the bigger picture.

Good result today but he still isnt the right man to take us forward imo.

Tubey

Allardyce Out

Going back to;

Won a game have we?

Our run of form;

Dearie, dearie me.
This on toast.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £70m

Going back to;

Won a game have we?

Our run of form;

Dearie, dearie me.

Where has Silva stated that he doesnt want a CF?

I remember him saying that Richarlison can play there and also deflecting the questions around Jan but dont remember him saying he doesnt want a CF.

And theres no 'inconsistent' argument from me there. Ive always backed this manager -- he's going to be a top manager.

Hes turning some players into far better performers.

Hes working with players who dont fit into his previous systems or style of play.

One thing i agree with you on is that this season is a write off...it always was a write off...that was evident before a ball had been kicked.

Anything out of the champions league slots or winning a cup is a write off.

You comments are effectively saying league position and results arent good enough...well they havent been since the time Moyes got us into FA cup finals, Royle had Kanchelskis and the year before we won the cup.

Every season is a write off without top 4 or a cup and theres only two ways to achieve that which is to totally fluke a season with half a team of decent players...or build something.

Martinez was the last manager trying to build a new style of play...now Silva is.

Different type of football which requires patience and money.

kenada_blue

Welcome to Barcelonaton FC

Going back to;

Won a game have we?

Our run of form;

Dearie, dearie me.
We did play a side that play one way.

We've played very well against the top 6 bar Spurs but have lacked quality to capitalise.

The struggles we've had is, imo, purely down to stubbornness, willing to adapt, and a few key positions not been good enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.