• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sense one of the times when sensiblities come into line with yours @davek . A bitter red pill to swallow for us blues.

Got to hold fire with Silva for the long term good. This rabble of players contains a sizeable contingent of the malcontents from seasons past who are mired in the averageness mindset at best, and actively disruptive at worst. They need to get a manager with the authority and backing from the club who will outlast them so they can settle back into the role of being players and not the ones who rule the roost. I'm not denying that senior players should be able to voice concerns and issues and make suggestions and give insights from the players, but I think Silva riding this out well into next season will show that the manager gets the backing for as long as possible, and that player power does not hold the ultimate power. It might not help Silva if results don't go his way, but it might help the next guy.

I don't mind Silva. I think he genuinely tries to play decent football. I think he only has about half a team capable of his preferred style of play. He failed in a lot of regards in getting the best out of his players, but that would have been an impossible task for almost everyone. There doesn't seem to be a viable plan B either which is against him. But he got the gift of no premier league quality striker which was unforgivable and this would have masked a lot of the defects of this team. He has also bore the brunt of lots of individual mistakes that have been punished - so he's not the lucky general that Napolean would have prescribed for a team in our position - and those will kill him eventually if they haven't already.

But if he can turn it around, if he does get a few more players, including a striker. He will have shown that he can stick around and see off some of the deadwood and perhaps waved farewell to some of the more malign elements in the dressing room. Who knows, Kendall was probably checking his office window to see if the dreaded taxi was about to arrive, before his team caught fire.

Pretty hard to remain upbeat with the option of sticking with Brands and Silva at the moment, but I think it's the only one in town for us at the moment.
Brands + Silva is the only source of stability.

Imagine Brands sacks Silva at the end of the season for finishing midtable after the mess he inherited? The whole point of bringing Brands in will be shredded. He's here to provide stability - and then seamless transition when a coach departs. It would be an utter car crash if Brands sacked Silva after a season living with Brands' plan. If that happened I'd know we hired a complete 'kin dud who was just here for a massive pay day.

I dont believe he'll do that. He'll back Silva. Anyone who knows football can see the rubbish the manager deals with - inherited rubbish like Pickford - and has had one transfer window alone when he should have been backed in January. Brands knows all that. He can see that, despite it all, there is the green shoots to recovery that need nurturing not stamping on.

Imagine Brands sacks Silva at the end of the season for finishing midtable after the mess he inherited? The whole point of bringing Brands in will be shredded. He's here to provide stability - and then seamless transition when a coach departs. It would be an utter car crash if Brands sacked Silva after a season living with Brands' plan. If that happened I'd know we hired a complete 'kin dud who was just here for a massive pay day.

I dont believe he'll do that. He'll back Silva. Anyone who knows football can see the rubbish the manager deals with - inherited rubbish like Pickford - and has had one transfer window alone when he should have been backed in January. Brands knows all that. He can see that, despite it all, there is the green shoots to recovery that need nurturing not stamping on.

Nobody invests in failure neither should the fans in my view. There needs to be player turnover but to ignore the leadership and management shortcomings of Silva is beyond credulity.

You vote with your feet and walk where you like. Don't dare suggest proper Everton fans stop going. That is anathema to me. Through thick and thin.

Oh but I will until the club comes clean on it,s real ambition. Then and only then the fans will walk into the ground with there eyes wide open both off and on the pitch.

I don't disagree with any of that. I think it's a fair summary of the situation.

Nobody invests in failure neither should the fans in my view. There needs to be player turnover but to ignore the leadership and management shortcomings of Silva is beyond credulity.

What failure novel to him has Silva brought to the party? Terrible defending? Poor morale when up against it? A clown like GK? A void where a Lukaku like shape used to be?

WTF has Silva to answer for exactly?

Then how come BFS got 8th after taking over on 30 November last season, without the big six signings made last summer? We are likely to finish between 11th-15th.

Unless some unforeseen miracle of maybe beating Arsenal , Utd and Chelsea - we are likely to finish less than ten points of the relegation pack - if this is acceptable within the Moshiri regime we are well and truly done as a top six challenging club.
Top 6 chasing IS over.

It's all about plate spinning now until such a day a stadium is secured and paid for. But just as Moyes did, a manager can punch above the club's budgetary weight. Give Silva time to do it. Moyes nearly relegated us early on dont forget.

Time, time and more time. That's what's required.

What failure novel to him has Silva brought to the party? Terrible defending? Poor morale when up against it? A clown like GK? A void where a Lukaku like shape used to be?

WTF has Silva to answer for exactly?

Inability to get his team to defend properly and the amount of goals conceded through setpieces are comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.