• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think 7th = 17th or 5th = 15th like what you believe in.

To get 5th or 6th is far superior to finish at 11th etc.

Getting 7th means EL and has proved you have the best team outside top 6 and that is a platform to build from.

10th for a couple of seasons are pathetic.
No, what's pathetic is going through 4 managers in as many years.

If he is safe after getting 11th-15th then this is worrying because that is deemed as acceptable...
Oh no matey it is far from acceptable.

Plain truth is Brands has made it very clear this is no quick fix and a 3 year project.

Unless there is a serious threat of relegation ( or we get smashed every game til seasons end) Silva will be safe in his job.

Do I like it...NO ...but there it is.

Brands defo is the only voice to listen to on football matters. The Iranian can talk all day long, Brands is not beholden to him, it's the other way around. Can you imagine if Moshiri went against Brands wish to keep Silva? Who'd come out worse in that scenario? I doubt Brands would sit back and accept it, despite all the ribbings about him being on the board of directors he's had (including from me), he'd walk...and into a better job no doubt...and Moshiri would be left to explain it.
I sense one of the times when sensiblities come into line with yours @davek . A bitter red pill to swallow for us blues.

Got to hold fire with Silva for the long term good. This rabble of players contains a sizeable contingent of the malcontents from seasons past who are mired in the averageness mindset at best, and actively disruptive at worst. They need to get a manager with the authority and backing from the club who will outlast them so they can settle back into the role of being players and not the ones who rule the roost. I'm not denying that senior players should be able to voice concerns and issues and make suggestions and give insights from the players, but I think Silva riding this out well into next season will show that the manager gets the backing for as long as possible, and that player power does not hold the ultimate power. It might not help Silva if results don't go his way, but it might help the next guy.

I don't mind Silva. I think he genuinely tries to play decent football. I think he only has about half a team capable of his preferred style of play. He failed in a lot of regards in getting the best out of his players, but that would have been an impossible task for almost everyone. There doesn't seem to be a viable plan B either which is against him. But he got the gift of no premier league quality striker which was unforgivable and this would have masked a lot of the defects of this team. He has also bore the brunt of lots of individual mistakes that have been punished - so he's not the lucky general that Napolean would have prescribed for a team in our position - and those will kill him eventually if they haven't already.

But if he can turn it around, if he does get a few more players, including a striker. He will have shown that he can stick around and see off some of the deadwood and perhaps waved farewell to some of the more malign elements in the dressing room. Who knows, Kendall was probably checking his office window to see if the dreaded taxi was about to arrive, before his team caught fire.

Pretty hard to remain upbeat with the option of sticking with Brands and Silva at the moment, but I think it's the only one in town for us at the moment.

Because we're not going to be spending as before.

Like it or lump it: we are now into a different era. Top 5/6 is NOT on the agenda as an ambition even. This club will budget for top half. Any manager (as per Moyes in the past) who ensures that will be here as long as they want.

Then the club should go public and spell out that ambition then we will have a club and fanbase that deserves that ambition.

Well if the board gets a right one, a proven one...but they don’t.
Someone like that will want at least the Europa League to play in, if not the Champions League, it's a catch 22 situation, we won't get a decent manager till we have more too offer (europe) but we need someone half decent to get us there.

Loved seeing his fake tough guy routine act out after the final whistle. I'm sure the officials just laughed at him.

But I'm resigned to the fact that he'll be here next year. Definitely don't think he has the tactic knowledge, nor leadership skills, to be an effective manager, but I guess we'll see.

I'll go ahead and call Armistice/Veterans/Remembrance Day as the day this clown becomes the first sack victim of the 2019/2020 season. Its usually followed by an international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.