• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I could have sworn it was an Everton team, what with them wearing Everton shirts and everything.

What are the values of the club? Being rubbish? Not beating Liverpool? And don't say nil satis blah blah because it doesn't mean anything.

No-one cares about the shirt anymore. There is no loyalty in football. Ross Barkley did a great job of proving that.

They're no different from any other bog standard mid-table side. I know you must all think I'm a massive bitch for saying it, but I'm being realistic. Everton are a mid-table side and that is all we are. We're like Bournemouth, Southampton, Watford, Brighton.

Tbh social media and this place are making me fall out of love with the game, but that's another thread.

Social media is largely crap, I agree. Especially twitter.

But the forum isn't going to be a happy place when we lose 10 out of 16. The lack of effort from this side and their lack of affiliation with the club is a major reason people are so disillusioned right now. I don't think that's a real shock?

That's nice. Having our captain sitting on the bench all season because he isn't good enough and then making him captain out of the blue. Really sends a positive message out that doesn't it, doesn't matter if you don't get a game because you can still be captain.

Captain used to mean something at Everton. Radcliffe, Watson and then half the team this season.

I mean Jesus gomes was winning the Euros whilst Davies was still in the academy. Hows he meant to command respect out of players like that?

There's the point, we keep passing the armband out like it means nothing. Why don't we give it to someone who actually plays every week?

Having so many captains defeats the point of having a captain and it shows the lack of leadership on the pitch. Because jags is captains unless he doesn't play, then it's baines, but he doesn't play, so it's Coleman, then he doesn't play so then it's Davies.......

Most of our captains don't even get on the pitch most weeks. Can you not see the ridiculous side of that?

Most teams have a captain who drags the team every week when they are underperforming and are a voice on the pitch. We have whoever happened to be fit that week as ours.

It's embarrassing. I
Because evidently Silva thinks no-one in the side is captain material, and how many captains in the EPL actually do the thing that is expected of them, other than Mark Noble and Vincent Kompany? Jags is still the official club captain, surprisingly.

Silva's not the first manager to be guilty of this. Koeman gave Judas the armband, remember?

Social media is largely crap, I agree. Especially twitter.

But the forum isn't going to be a happy place when we lose 10 out of 16. The lack of effort from this side and their lack of affiliation with the club is a major reason people are so disillusioned right now. I don't think that's a real shock?
My point is that Everton are hardly the only club who are like this. Plenty of clubs in the EPL have players who have no affiliation with them and will happily jump ship if the money is good enough.

Realistically, if we loose today and Silva gets the sack the best we can hope for is an interim manager to take us to the end of the season. Even if we get a good one who can turn results around we won't win anything and we will be chopping a changing again. I am resigned to letting Silva see out the year, after all it is just another wasted year in a long series of wasted years.
As for his tactics, once again I think it is acceptable that he persists with what he is doing. I don't want him to change his ways and get a little success and then hang on to the job only to come up short again next year. Employ him or sack him for being Marco Silva, not some version of Marco Silva.

Duncan my only Duncan
you make us crappy
WHEN SKIIIIIS'R GRAY LAD

This team is modern football personified. These players are the reason people are falling out of love with the game.
I keep getting the inkling that part of the problem is that the money which has came into the club has changed the players we sign with regards to their character.

They're on big wages, but do they have big hearts? Do they feel they have a relationship with the club and are willing to go the extra mile? Do they want to be here?

Don't get me wrong, there are players in the squad (for example Digne) who do seem to buck the trend, but as a club we're losing our character.

My point is that Everton are hardly the only club who are like this. Plenty of clubs in the EPL have players who have no affiliation with them and will happily jump ship if the money is good enough.

I think we're the best example in world football right now of money gone wrong. We had an identity and an ethos and it's all been destroyed in 3 years. I don't think there's any other premier league team in a comparable position. There's little to like about our team right now.

It couldn't be that I'm right like in suggesting it's way OTT to demand the sacking of a manager who's at midtable without any cutting edge whatsoever provided to him all season because the club said we had actual forwards in the shape of those wax work dummies up front?

I wont join in with that pitchforking.

Wins the derby he's a hero. That's how daft all this is.
Kumbaya, kumbaya.......come on happy campers, let's all sing along and fantasize lol

I keep getting the inkling that part of the problem is that the money which has came into the club has changed the players we sign with regards to their character.

They're on big wages, but do they have big hearts? Do they feel they have a relationship with the club and are willing to go the extra mile? Do they want to be here?

Don't get me wrong, there are players in the squad (for example Digne) who do seem to buck the trend, but as a club we're losing our character.
Footballers in general only care about money. Look at Man United.

Coleman has a big heart, I've never heard a bad word about that man from anyone who's met him. But then loving the club to bits does not always = being a good player. Right, Baines and Jags?
I think we're the best example in world football right now of money gone wrong. We had an identity and an ethos and it's all been destroyed in 3 years. I don't think there's any other premier league team in a comparable position. There's little to like about our team right now.
The only identity Everton have ever had in my life is The Crap Team From Liverpool.

G-d I wish I'd been around in the '80s, I have never seen us win anything.

Probably not a popular opinion, but leave him till the end of the season. Give him the chance to prove he can turn it around. We aren’t getting relegated, and all it shows a perspective new manager is that we have no patience whatsoever if we get rid of him now.

It’ll serve us better in the long run to keep him on till seasons end, who knows he might even turn it around.

For me though the problem isn’t the manager as much as the hideous transfer failings of Koeman and Walsh, and a largely talentless, overpaid squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.