• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am with you on the first and mystified about the second. Did you actually go to Goodison and sit there not bothered if we won or not? Good job there must be very few of the likes of you. Probably none at all in the 39,000.

I didn't go. I'm not a st holder and was working - albeit working on covering the game.

Luckily, working has mostly numbed me to the pain of watching Everton. I can get paid for it and treat it as a job, try to be objective as much as possible etc.

I'd rather be three points worse off if it means City having a better chance of winning the title.

That's not to say I wasn't frustrated at the first goal, or our general lack of quality in the final third. It's not to say I wouldn't have been happy if we scored. I'm just not bothered that we lost this particular game. I'll be back to normal on Saturday.

Another weakness on Silva's on display last night -

Not enough of a leader, not man enough to have brought Kenny more into the season.

Its criminal the way Seamus leg got broken.
But he's not the great player he once was.

Seamus is twice the man Silva is.
A good manager would have Seamus mentoring JJ and helping bring him on.
He would be bringing him into the coaching staff.

I'd like to see us get a manager who brings in Arteta as no.2 and Cahill and Coleman into it as well.
With one of these as his successor.

Yeah the problem with this type of stat is you never know what's being classed as conceding from a set piece. Some lists will include penalties and direct free kicks, some won't. Some will only include a header from the actual free kick, some will have some weird metric they use to decide whether the free kick was ever cleared, and if not it's included.

Yeh I also don't think it's strictly true.

For one, Silva didn't have 26 games in charge of Hull. He took over in January, so that's also a nonsense. Unless he means that 13 set-pieces were conceded in the last few games, but Hull did lose 7-0 to Spurs on the last day that season for example.

Not enough of a leader, not man enough to have brought Kenny more into the season.

I'd like to see us get a manager who brings in Arteta as no.2 and Cahill and Coleman into it as well.
Is this supposed to rhyme?

Because fwiw I would rather City win the league and us finish three points worse off than watch that Red rabble win the league.

Our big games are now n Saturday, and then following that v Cardiff. We need at least four points from those two games and then we head into a huge derby which the crowd is going to have to be up for.

I would rather we win the league, if that's not possible, i would like us to finish with as many points as we can.

I do not care who wins the league if we don't.

My first and only concern is how well my team performs.

I would rather we win the league, if that's not possible, i would like us to finish with as many points as we can.

I do not care who wins the league if we don't.

My first and only concern is how well my team performs.

Aye, and FWIW I was relatively pleased with how the team played yesterday. We are frighteningly toothless and awful from set-pieces. Nothing we didn't know. At least the fight and effort was there and given we're a bang average side in a bunch of other bang average sides, that effort needs to continue and we'll be okay to then assess in the summer one way or the other.

But I don't get any Evertonian being able to claim they wouldn't care if that rabble won the league.

I mean, it's gonna happen eventually, but we just don't need that aggro on top of the crap we already have.

It will hurt, but i would still rather we amassed as many points as we can in a season, rather than do what was suggested in the original post.

I didn't ask us to throw the game.

I just wasn't bothered that we lost.

It's the equivalent of a friendly. I wanted to see a performance and in the main got that. It just showed the glaring issues in our squad and management, but we all know them.

Ultra Ultra 'jobs for the Ole boys' this. Proven winners and leaders in charge and coaching for me, why would we want anything less ? Also Seamus isn't the answer to our leadership problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.