• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he's relying on Yannick Bolasie to rescue our European bid. Thinking outside of the box, I like it.

And you'll be on here moaning this time next year about the next manager even though they'll be dealing with the same circumstances.

Only 6 months in the job and the squad filled with utter guff.

Get in the bin lad.

Disagree competely.

Digne is an upgrade on Baines/Martina

Zouma and Mina are upgrades on Jags and Williams

Gomes is an upgrade on Schnerderlin

Bernard is an upgrade on Bolasie

Richarlison is an upgrade on Rooney

We have improved the starting 11 yet performances are no better.

I've watched alot of sides like Watford and Wolves who play much better football with worse players - whats your excuse for this?

I didn’t think we could grind out a win like last night under Silva. Saturday is another must win. We are a better team than them and need to start to show it. But on the other side of the coin it was only Huddersfield last night and we struggled to create chances again. The summer is key to offload and acquire some quality in midfield. We need a Barkley who is willing to run at the defence. Sigurdsson isn’t that player.

Are we, though?

There's such an arrogance sometimes.

Patricio is better than Pickford (I really rate Pickford)

Doherty has been better this season than Coleman.

Their CBs are so so but I'd probably say Coady is a far better organiser than any of our CBs.

Jonny is an excellent full-back (he's actually right footed playing as a LWB) who is on loan from Atleti and a Spain international. He's definitely not far off Digne and is better than Baines/Kenny (depending who plays there).

Neves is a classy player and would walk into our midfield.

Moutinho would definitely get a game for us.

Dendoncker is a bit meh tbh but he'd definitely be in our squad at the very least.

Jimenez would improve us massively and Jota is pretty much in the same league as Bernard tbh.

So no, I don't think we've got a better team than them, tbh.

We need to win, we should always be looking to win.

And if you're asking Gylfi to be that player you were always barking up the wrong tree. Gylfi has an eye for a pass and goal that Ross never had - at least not consistently.

Gomes is the ball carrier in our team, but he may - for now - have to play a deeper role if Gana is going.

Disagree competely.

Digne is an upgrade on Baines/Martina

Zouma and Mina are upgrades on Jags and Williams

Gomes is an upgrade on Schnerderlin

Bernard is an upgrade on Bolasie

Richarlison is an upgrade on Rooney

We have improved the starting 11 yet performances are no better.

I've watched alot of sides like Watford and Wolves who play much better football with worse players - whats your excuse for this?

Big question then was Silva an upgrade?

@TopBalconyView let's put it this way, if I had to do one of those combined XI things, I think Wolves would have more players than Everton, or it'd be a 5/6 split either way.

Assuming Gana is off...

Patricio (Wolves)
Jonny (Wolves)
Coady (Wolves)
Zouma (Everton)
Digne (Everton)
Gomes (Everton)
Neves (Wolves)
Sigurdsson (Everton)
Jota (Wolves) - more of a goal threat than Bernard which is why he's in
Jimenez (Wolves)
Richarlison (Everton)

I know it's all very pie in the sky, but flippantly saying we're a better team just isn't accurate. It ain't an excuse, like, because they are just as inconsistent as us.

We beat Huddersfield, who haven’t won a game since November and some are claiming this as justification that Silva is a great manager lol

Silva ended our season last week with his shocking ‘tactics’. We’re still going to lose against any half decent decent, which means most home games, and we’re still going to struggle away from home.
its absolutely unreal..

wait till these home games and we are getting rinsed...

Tbh it had crossed my mind that given his history of short stints at clubs it was a bit fanciful that he would settle and build some sort of dynasty here. Everton is a massive job and not an easy one, as several of the previous managers have found out the hard way, and Silva is a relatively inexperienced manager. He certainly started well but as the going has got tough his demeanour has worsened and he seems weary already. It must take unbelievable mental strength to cope with the pressure of managing a Premier League side, particularly one with massive expectations but also massive challenges like Everton, and I wonder if Silva is starting to doubt himself at this stage. Couple that with this reputation as being a manager who thrives on detail and putting in the hours, he could have burnt himself out here and be looking for a way out..It could be paper talk but maybe isn't too fanciful after all.

For what it's worth I hope I'm wrong as for me some of the performances earlier in the season really showed a lot of promise and Silva has improved some of our players such as DCL & Davies, which was a glaring problem with previous managers, but the fact that he's had such short stints everywhere else really does make me wonder..

The league season officially ended against Southampton. The season as a whole ended at Millwall.

A struggle to win over the worst side in the league isn't going to change that, or win over many people. Including, hopefully, Moshiri.

strange how the season officially ends, and then the players put half a performance in to beat the bottom of the table side.

Status
Not open for further replies.