• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini isn’t going to quit the Italy job for Everton mate lol

As for Conte, let’s see....Juventus...Italy......Chelsea.....we don’t seem to be the next logical step for him really do we?
You never know in football. But yeah in retrospect we are not a big attraction, case of heart ruling the head, Everton are massive to me. I am at a loss. Silva doesn’t convince me he will turn this around. I will never know why we head hunted him.

I very much doubt he will be in charge when we visit Watford in a few. Can you imagine if we are still in bad form and he's still in charge and god for bid we lose. Home and away fans will be after the clown.

I don’t think it’s unrelasitic to expect progression in the cup against championship opposition and also to Southampton at home. Transition in my mind is teething problems with a new formation, new players maybe un familiar with each other, but clear signs that things are moving in the right direction even if results aren’t following (like Martinez’s first few games). Just playing terrible football isn’t really transition, in fact we’re transitioning backwards from why was a promising start. I’ve not called for Silva to go because that would be ridiculous but I don’t think there’s unrealistic expectations from Evertonians. Silva pushing the top 6 playing good football finishing 7th is very different to Silva grinding to 7th in a style worse than Allardyce whilst inflicting multiple embarrassing losses on the fan base along the way. The outcome is the same but I’d understand why fans would view both differently.
Realistically of course 7th is very much obtainable and would be a great base for next season. I just don’t see us going on a run. We need to cut this bad form and win tonight and on Saturday that would be a good start.

I don’t think it’s unrelasitic to expect progression in the cup against championship opposition and also to Southampton at home. Transition in my mind is teething problems with a new formation, new players maybe un familiar with each other, but clear signs that things are moving in the right direction even if results aren’t following (like Martinez’s first few games). Just playing terrible football isn’t really transition, in fact we’re transitioning backwards from why was a promising start. I’ve not called for Silva to go because that would be ridiculous but I don’t think there’s unrealistic expectations from Evertonians. Silva pushing the top 6 playing good football finishing 7th is very different to Silva grinding to 7th in a style worse than Allardyce whilst inflicting multiple embarrassing losses on the fan base along the way. The outcome is the same but I’d understand why fans would view both differently.
But you can't just isolate individual games like that. You could argue that 'realistically' we should have beaten West Ham, Huddersfield, Watford, Newcastle and Leicester at home, and Southampton and Brighton away. On paper that's all fine, nobody would argue that they're not winnable games. But win all of them and we're 18 points better off, sitting 4th and wondering if we're dark horses for the title. That isn't realistic, so we can't just say 'we should be beating these' every time we play someone outside the top 6.

Transition isn't just as easy as saying it will be clear that we're getting better but results might get worse, that's incredibly simplistic. I'm not happy with how things are going right now, but being realistic means accepting that things might have to get worse/stay the same in the short term in order to get better in the long run. Obviously there's a limit to that, and if things really take a turn for the worse than you have to act, but about 5 weeks ago there was a thread in here saying 'can we make the top 4' with loads of people saying yes we look amazing nobody can beat us, and now the same people are saying sack him. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
He's an assistant manager, massive risk and has done the square root of F all to warrant even being considered for the job, well all except having played for us once. Makes more sense to stick with Marco over Arteta.
I see your point but Marco hasn't changed anything the past few weeks and the players haven't responded to any pep talks that I see. Fresh blood is needed but the players we have stink at zonal marking and everyone shudders on set pieces anymore. We will get ten points perhaps but very little else to look forward too.

If we cannot get a proven winner then we're left with fools such as Koeman or Silva.

So if we cannot get a winner in, I'd rather we changed takt and went for an up and coming manager, a la Arteta.

First choice: A winner such as Conte, Ancelotti, et all (not happening)
Second choice: A popular up-and-coming boss such as Arteta
Third choice: Some run-of-the mill-chump such as Silva

MOYES + TIM CAHILL

4 managers since Moyes and still a gang of outhouses, at what point do we look deeper into the psychology of being also rans. Can it really be all the managers fault, the way we implode and lose our confidence so quickly and can't regain it, somethings wrong deeper than just the manager, Marcos got the same problems as the other. I don't know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.