• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to reconcile the fans being realistic with people wanting him sacked in January when we're literally one good result away from being in the best position we can realistically aim for though, no? I've said it before but people say they don't mind a transitional season or whatever, but when it actually comes to it they absolutely do.

That’s the problem with using that platitudinous phrase “transitional season ”.

You neve
r know you have been “in transition” until you are in a better place.

Or a worse a worse place, comes to that.

But can anyone say with certainty thar we are “transitioning” to sommat better under Silva?

No we are not certain at all.

So I shall reserve judgment until we find ourselves in a better place, if ever we do, before talking about “transitional seasons”.

We are 3 points off 7th which I assume was our minimum target the start of the season. Sacking him now isn't the answer and he should be giving the chance to turn things around. If it comes to the end of the season and we are 14th and still putting in the same atrocious performances then maybe it is time for change.
Coincidentally if we finished 7th then that is a good season for the club whether it's Silva allardyce or koeman finishing there.

Which would make results like recently less of a worry and more an indication on how poor the league actually is now

That’s the problem with using that platitudinous phrase “transitional season ”.

You neve
r know you have been “in transition” until you are in a better place.

Or a worse a worse place, comes to that.

But can anyone say with certainty thar we are “transitioning” to sommat better under Silva?

No we are not certain at all.

So I shall reserve judgment until we find ourselves in a better place, if ever we do, before talking about “transitional seasons”.
Yeah that's why I said 'or whatever'. Obviously you can call it what you like, but the point is that people often say 'I'd have no problem with us coming 12th if...' but then when we have a run of form like teams do when finishing 12th they completely lose their heads. I was replying to a post saying that the fans were realistic about our aims by saying that doesn't really seem to be true looking at the reactions we're seeing.

what are you on about form is temporary? what form is this the form that got him sacked by Watford and relegated with hull?
he could have 17 seasons but if he cant set up a defence ( just like he couldn't into his last job ) whats the point

im still very much on the fence with sacking him, as honestly I don't know anyone who we could get

we’re not those clubs and I think he needs a proper shot at it, which is time and players, knee jerking all the time as fans moan can make it worse, let’s see in a year we’re we are at.

Just want them all to show some bottle against Huddersfield and they should be thankful they are not at home, doubt the fans will be in very high spirits after that result.

If he cannot get them to fight for him then they've seen another out of the door with their lack of fight.

If it was a proven manager who had a history of winning things yes, Silva no.
All managers have to start somewhere. Wenger, Tuchel, Zidane, Simeone (just to name a few) didn't necessarily have a history of winning things when they were hired at their clubs. Who knows if Marco Silva will be the manager to guide Everton to glory? We'll only find out if we give him a chance and stop moaning...

Been frustrating, but things are yet to click. Give him til at least the end of the season to show us somethin

Still not sure if he's good or not but we may as well find out

This is not the kinda job to give a first time manager. No chance.
If we cannot get a proven winner then we're left with fools such as Koeman or Silva.

So if we cannot get a winner in, I'd rather we changed takt and went for an up and coming manager, a la Arteta.

First choice: A winner such as Conte, Ancelotti, et all (not happening)
Second choice: A popular up-and-coming boss such as Arteta
Third choice: Some run-of-the mill-chump such as Silva

Manager and new players are trying to run before they can walk. Most of our squad need to completely go back to basics with what is expected of them as an everton employee. First work hard, tackle harder, fight for the shirt and your team mates. work the ref and stand up for any of your team mates that get stick. Once you have that ingrained in you, your ready to deal with the pressure of representing Everton and you get on to playing some proper togger.

Status
Not open for further replies.