Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're has he? Because the media said? Mate you can't believe everything in the papers as they change there story to suit them. In hyperthetically speaking he should want to come to us over Watford as the prospects are far bigger. But you never know he could say no....

Salary much bigger, talent at the club is better as well (even though we do have massive holes in the squad), money he will have to spend i will dare say is much bigger as well, and reckon the atmosphere he witnessed first hand will have left a big impression on him, not many grounds can rock like Goodison did that day.

If he is in demand from us he can also set some conditions as well - in terms of budget, players he wants etc - whereas at Watford he apparently was let down by the board on defenders he wanted (yeah i know i know we did the same)

Exactly, and that man put us in the mess we're in now.

I like Silva - and not gonna look at the City result and draw anything from it except for the fact on their day City could do that to any team in the league or most in Europe

Last edited:

Salary much bigger, talent at the club is better as well (even though we do have massive holes in the squad), money he will have to spend i will dare say is much bigger as well, and reckon the atmosphere he witnessed first hand will have left a big impression on him, not many grounds can rock like Goodison did that day.

If he is in demand from us he can also set some conditions as well - in terms of budget, players he wants etc - whereas at Watford he apparently was let down by the board on defenders he wanted (yeah i know i know we did the same)

agree.

if you had of said to silva 4 years ago, he would be in the premier league managing wayne rooney, he would not have believed you whatsoever.

the chance is far to good to pass up.

I like Silva - and not gonna look at the City result and draw anything from it expect for the fact on their day City could do that to any team in the league or most in europe

Much like Martinez, I'd be sceptical but willing to give him a chance if he got the job. I don't see where people are coming from getting mega excited over this appointment though.

I'm not disagreeing here btw but he could also think we'll koeman wanted a Striker and didn't get one so how do I know I will? I mean he can get told yes there's £££££ but still we didn't get a striker and that's a massive part in why were crap and koeman got booted

Much like Martinez, I'd be sceptical but willing to give him a chance if he got the job. I don't see where people are coming from getting mega excited over this appointment though.

I had serious doubts over Martinez mate, and had mega doubt about Koeman when we first went for both, with Silva - nowhere near as many, set pieces - if his style has longevity at a club - as he seems to seriously motivate initially - but he has never had to work with a squad for 3-4 seasons - so does his motivating style get old fast with players who get used to it etc.

On style of play and his tactical/motivational nouse though, not many worries at all from me, he seems flexible to adjust system to players he has, seems to actually pick players that fit into a way of play he prefers, at every team he's managed he has had an incredible home record - which is something we need at Everton, has gone to 'big' teams with much smaller ones and got wins - and not by fluking it and playing for a draw either.

Not perfect - but at the very least he has met or exceeded his expectations at every club he's managed which is a good start.

Why do people thing this may still happen given that we've been refused permission by Watford and there's no signs of Silva kicking up a stink there?

yeah cos when a player/manager/club come out and say something , that's it isn't it.

surely you know by now, that nothing can be taken at face value here.

MONEY TALKS.

I'm not disagreeing here btw but he could also think we'll koeman wanted a Striker and didn't get one so how do I know I will? I mean he can get told yes there's £££££ but still we didn't get a striker and that's a massive part in why were crap and koeman got booted

I actually - and his interviews etc since leaving have suggested maybe it was the case, that koeman said who he wanted and stuck to it, when that fell through we where in the crap - and largely because Koeman dug his heels in about one specific player he wanted (arguably could have happened with Swansea as well had they been more resolute about keeping Siggurdson)

Much the way over the park Klopp seemed to do with VVD

Silva doesn't strike me as being as intransigent and has a record of getting careers turned around on players - so figure he wouldn't have had a 'it's him or nothing' approach that Koeman seemed to take, more pragmatic so to speak

Also something we never really thought about with Koeman mate, we thought cos he was a big name in the game, he'd by that - be able to help attract maybe a higher quality of player, when in reality - maybe it was more his reputation in player circles from ones who've worked with him that would have been more the factor than his name, lot of players in his career have seemed to not particularly enjoyed working with him, at Valencia, Saints, and dare i say here too.

Silva seems on the surface to be the type of manager players want to play for, makes a huge difference ultimately

Why do people thing this may still happen given that we've been refused permission by Watford and there's no signs of Silva kicking up a stink there?

Because frankly, practically every manager poached from another club - follows this exact same route mate.

IF they where intransigent then their CEO would have done the 'press briefing' about him not being available

Status
Not open for further replies.