Homepage Article Marco Silva Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I feel sorry for him. Not that he should have kept his job, his record was woeful, but the way it was handled was poor. Normally I'm of the view that, I wish I could receive a multi-million pound pay-off for being awful at my job, but this was done in such a way as to draw it out unnecessarily and humiliate the man further.

I am glad that he has gone (providing we don't appoint Moyes or Howe), because his record was awful, but unlike so many of our managers, I think he's a decent bloke. We have managed to not only embarrass ourselves as a club, but also humiliate a man that didn't deserve it. He should have been punted the previous international break with an appropriate successor already lined up so the transition can be smooth.

I don't get how this club manages to be so small-time with its sentimentality with things like unnecessary contract extensions etc. and yet still manages to do something as unprofessional and heartless as this. We really are a joke.

He should've been sacked long ago, I can't say I'm overjoyed right now because the real problem at the club is those above him. Who have constantly failed and I have little faith to make the right decisions.

I hope they fluke an appointment who drags the entire club up from it's knees.

says it all really.....

Recent record of Everton managers in the Premier League
ManagerGamesWinsDrawsLossesWin percentage
David Moyes42717312313140.5%
Roberto Martinez11343343638.1%
Ronald Koeman4719121640.4%
Sam Allardyce2497837.5%
Marco Silva5319112335.9%

If Silva carries on that record until the end of the season we finish on about 45 points. Really poor but lower mid table.

I have to admit to feeling a little sad tonight.
Silva had to go for sure but I genuinely believe he is a decent chap who was trying his best for our great club. Ultimately, his best was nowhere near good enough.
Compare tonight with the euphoria that greeted Koeman's sacking and the end of Bisto Boy's horrible association with us and I hope you'll see what I mean.
I wish Marco well wherever he ends up and I hope, for his sake, it's not back at the joke of a club known as Watford.
He seemed like he didn't know how to turn things around though. We just looked lost this season

Think Silva is a decent manager, but definately time for a change now.
Not producing enough with the players at his disposal, and naivity in tactics makes me think he is not experience enough/cut out for the premier league. But obviously has a high top-level, and is very well respected amongst players. Extremely unlucky this year as well (see https://understat.com/league/EPL - sort by xPTS) , but still hasnt produced enthuisiasm nor points, and is therefore bound to go.

Will go on to have a great career in Portugal/Russia/Greece/Belgium. (maybe even mid-table Spain)

Tough to argue with that assessment about Keane:) However, he has everything to make a great defender - its just when he passes right to an opponent or watches a ball pass right pass him into a gap behind him, you scratch your head and wonder what planet he was on? I think its a concentration issue - and a GOOD coach could do something with him. That's all.

The recruitment has been terrible. It doesn't all stem from Silva's tenure, but we have amassed a lot of journeymen who will not fight for the cause or at the very least give up far too easy and look to hide behind someone else. These are not the characters we need at the club. We need leaders on the pitch.

I don't feel sorry for Silva. There are many managers that will never have the funds to spend that he has had. He had a tremendous opportunity here and can blame no one else for why it hasn't materialised and was never likely to under his leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.