• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are completely right that it isn't his fault how much we are paying, but if I look at the teams around us I wouldn't swap ours for another, we also have greater depth. If he can't get a tune out of x then he should have been able to get something out of Y.

Our mainly flat season has been caused by that December to February run of form and even before that the problems switching to zonal marking, without those issues we could have had a cracking season. He gets a lot of leeway as it still is night and day better than last year's tripe and the fact that he eventually did get us out of the trough. In future though he can't let a third of the season just go to waste.

I back him 100% I just feel he (we) could have and should have done more this season. The questions that will be answered next will be can he hack lots of games in a short period of time. I can't say for sure that was part of the dip but strange how as soon as we were playing (mostly) once a week our form picked up no end. Perhaps he is so meticulous that he just hasn't got a standard plan that can work in 85% of matches?

It could simply come down to that. He needed time on the training pitch to work on the zonal marking etc, which is much improved it seems of late. It might just be that before he didn't have/hadn't had the time to get everything drilled in to the players well enough. As you say, next season could be the proof in th e pudding. Fingers crossed it's tasty! :)

I find it peculiar that an A rating would be winning the league...surely it has to have some sense of realism?

Hes improved players and all the signings bar Mina have shone so its a B from me.

Free hit this season but some great results agaimst the top 6

He got results right when it mattered for public opinion .

Can't ignore the drop in form for so long but hopefully as the squad grows over the summer we won't see a repeat of that.

He has proven he can get the team up to winning games against the top 6, so a little bit of consistency and bringing in a player or two who can provide some clinical winners in games is needed.

If we finish 7th or 8th then that is standard for us, and to do it with half a squad is even better

Gets a D from me.

7th and a good cup run would have got him a C but alas no cup run again and looks like we are missing out on 7th/Europe so regardless of the upturn in form I think we've underachieved

A nice 10-0 win tonight would be nice nonetheless

He got results right when it mattered for public opinion .

Can't ignore the drop in form for so long but hopefully as the squad grows over the summer we won't see a repeat of that.

He has proven he can get the team up to winning games against the top 6, so a little bit of consistency and bringing in a player or two who can provide some clinical winners in games is needed.

If we finish 7th or 8th then that is standard for us, and to do it with half a squad is even better

hes proven to me this season that it takes him 12 weeks to rebuild the teams confidence when it suffers a dip, and he only got them playing well after a 2 week holiday in Dubai mid season, when we really should have been playing FA Cup games.

C

Football has improved, we have more points than last season and the goal difference is significantly better.

Not *too* concerned about the league placing as what I was really looking for was an improvement on last season. We've had that, even if it's only slight but (and I feel like a broken record here) the league is about how you've done vs everyone else, not about you. You can't control how many points other teams get, so as long as the points have gone up, that's a reasonable enough barometer of improvement

But... the improvement in results really is only very, very slight. And the middle third or so of the season was woeful. It was quite worrying TBH, because it made me think that we have another manager who can't stop this group of players from letting their standards hit the floor. The way we have recovered from that slump has been pleasing though and, conversely, that gives me a bit of optimism.

All in all, it's satisfactory but there must be improvement next season and no repeat of that slump

You are completely right that it isn't his fault how much we are paying, but if I look at the teams around us I wouldn't swap ours for another, we also have greater depth. If he can't get a tune out of x then he should have been able to get something out of Y.

Our mainly flat season has been caused by that December to February run of form and even before that the problems switching to zonal marking, without those issues we could have had a cracking season. He gets a lot of leeway as it still is night and day better than last year's tripe and the fact that he eventually did get us out of the trough. In future though he can't let a third of the season just go to waste.

I back him 100% I just feel he (we) could have and should have done more this season. The questions that will be answered next will be can he hack lots of games in a short period of time. I can't say for sure that was part of the dip but strange how as soon as we were playing (mostly) once a week our form picked up no end. Perhaps he is so meticulous that he just hasn't got a standard plan that can work in 85% of matches?
There were lots of folk around February saying "see he got into a slump at Watford and he can't get out of it" - well I think he did and proved many wrong! Grade wise this hasn't been a season to remember but some individual performance will keep us all happy for a while.

C for me, pretty average overall.

Two games to go, and we're going to finish somewhere between 7th and 10th, which, given the chaos of last season, is about what most would have expected before we kicked a ball this season.

Cup losses to Soton and Millwall are minuses.
Decent footie being played recently and the early part of the season are plusses.

Overall, he's done enough to demostrate he's worth sticking with. If he can take this squad, with a few additions in the Summer, and maintain something close to our recent form for the vast majority of next season, then that'll be real progress and he'll be getting lots of B's from people.

4 points from Chelsea,
3 points from United
3 points from Arsenal
1 point from Liverpool
0 points from Spurs..... up to now.

8 points from a possible 33 against the top 6 is an OK return. A win at Spurs on the final day and you'd say it's a better than average return. On that alone, he'd be getting a low B from me. However, the performances against the bottom sides have been incredibly frustrating. Being one of only 4 sides to drop points at home to Huddersfield, as well as losing to Brighton, Fulham, Newcastle and Southampton. Unacceptable for the ambitions we've set.

The real disappointment for me has been the cup performances, I've said it many times and I find that incredibly hard to stomach. No excuse for the line up against Southampton and the less said about the Millwall game, the better. For those two reasons, he gets a high 'D' - but you could make a case for a low C.

I feel most fans were pretty reasonable in their expectations - 'be the best of the rest, make a good fist of it in the cups and don't surrender in the big games'. Fair to say, he's achieved 1 out of the 3, and with the budget he had, there's a case that we should have expected better.

All in all, reasons to be positive but a very big summer ahead. Time to make good on those promises FM!

Do you think that city winning the league and us winning the league with our current squad would warrant the same grade?
No, we aren't capable of getting an A currently, placings are the biggest benchmark we have, then performances and style of play and how many Ls in the lose column. The style of play has improved tenfold but the season ss a whole has been disappointing, very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.