• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on which way you want to look at it. We’ve only taken 1 point from 9 against woeful teams in our last three away games. I think that’s stumbling and it’s the reason we’ll once again be missing out on European football.
The signings are down to Brands, with Richarlison being the exception.
I haven’t even gone into Silva having no Plan B. When we go a goal down, other than Brighton at home, have we gone on to win a game?
There’s no cause for optimism in thinking we can push on to anything better next season.
I don't think many Evertonians have expectations beyond what we've achieved this season. We are a 7th-9th quality team and most of us are content with this season's showing.
I am optimistic we can do similar next season. But I have no expectation we'll ever "push on to anything better". And I think I speak for most on here in stating that. I think you are wrong in thinking a majority feel Everton should be doing better than they are...it's just not realistic.

I’m genuinely stunned you can view this season as anything other than massively disappointing.

Also, them polls aren’t serious.

I am not disappointed. I along with many many others had come to accept that we need to build from scratch because the squad was a mess.
Part 1 of the build is to bring in Digne, Richarlison, Bernard, Mina with loanees Gomes and Zouma. Quite a few of those players didn't even have a pre-season and only 2 of them had PL experience. They are not going to gel immediately they are part of a bigger plan. Forget the points you think we have dropped and look at the style of play. It has been up and down all season while Silva has been integrating the players to each other and to his preferred style of play. There was obviously going to be teething problems and there was aplenty. We would play well then we would play bad but one theme stuck out and it is something Silva preaches 'Play to Win'. Not going to happen overnight and this is why I am not disappointed. I seen it coming but I always believe in the saying of one step backwards 2 steps forwards. The players are grasping Silvas methods and the players are getting to know each others strengths and weaknesses. They are now coming together as a team.......but the build has only just started. We know we need a striker and we will get one plus a few more and if they are half as good as the previous lot then we will be in a good position. Keep the style and get the players that are best suited to that style and we could be onto something.

At this early stage of the build points or position isn't really bothering me but I can see from our style of play that it is progressive. Couldn't see that in Allardyces team or Koemans. The build is still massive because of the debris left behind but it is obvious to see we are moving onwards slowly but surely.

If you go back 2 away games Cardiff and Huddersfield wasn’t it? That’s 10 in 18 where are you going with this? I think we have had a good recovery not just results wise since the city game but performance wise. The players are playing for the manager. What do you not like about our playing style presently? Or our defending, I think we are not clinical enough and our final ball has been inconsistent. Not only away, but at home too and we need more strength in depth as a squad. But I will put it to you again? Are you saying that you were happier with our performances now, than 5-1 at Arsenal last year, 5-0 at Tottenham 4-1 at Southampton, 4-0 at united, 2-0 at Leicester, they are just some of our results away, 0-0 at West Brom and 1-0 defeats at Bournemouth we’re im not sure we had a shot at goal over Christmas. Defensively this season I’ve had some concerns but since wolves at home by enlarge we have been much more solid and we are definitely on an upward trajectory. If you can’t see that then, I think we don’t see the game the same way.

Depends on which way you want to look at it. We’ve only taken 1 point from 9 against woeful teams in our last three away games. I think that’s stumbling and it’s the reason we’ll once again be missing out on European football.

The signings are down to Brands, with Richarlison being the exception.

I haven’t even gone into Silva having no Plan B. When we go a goal down, other than Brighton at home, have we gone on to win a game?

There’s no cause for optimism in thinking we can push on to anything better next season.
Why are you so miserable? Why do you search for the negatives and put them on loudspeaker over looking at the positives.
It's just bizarre mate, No one thinks its been a good season but it certainly hasn't been doom and gloom.
Do you want Silva out or what? Because it's pointless trying to discuss with you, You won't give him credit for anything.

Certain peoples minds are made up already, we could win the league and it'd be nah everyone underperformed this season so thats only reason we won it. Win a cup, yeah but lad look we we faced each round we didn't beat one of the big boys, what you mean the inconsistent top6 teams where it doesn't count anyway haha

They’re “ poor “ top six teams this year, so beating them doesn’t count anymore.

You really couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried.

We could beat City six nil and it they’d still find something wrong with the performance to beat Silva with !
If you go back 6 months the same posters were saying we can only beat Team s outside the Top 10. In the end hopefully they will run out of agendas but of course they won’t.

Even with your rationale to say this season has been massively disappointing is just silly and seems like you’re just trying to seek attention.

Granted this is from last season but it supports my theory that many Everton fans have unrealistic expectations.

View attachment 57478
All I want to know is
Why it took you 38 minutes to post this?
What's your alarm set for?
Your battery will need charging soon and who is the private message from??
:cheers:

I honestly believe (!) that these anti agendas all from the same people against (Silva, Sigurdsson,Pickford) etc are in the main just taking the mickey to stir things up. It has to be really. What other reason can it be?

Certain peoples minds are made up already, we could win the league and it'd be nah everyone underperformed this season so thats only reason we won it. Win a cup, yeah but lad look we we faced each round we didn't beat one of the big boys, what you mean the inconsistent top6 teams where it doesn't count anyway haha

I don’t even think it’s minds made up now, more I’ve made my bed so now I’ve got to lie in it and I’d rather Everton fail so I can be proved right on the internet.

Even Stevie Wonder could tell you this Everton side now is playing much better than anything we’ve seen for a long time.

I pity those who can’t see it, football’s not for them.

I don’t even think it’s minds made up now, more I’ve made my bed so now I’ve got to lie in it and I’d rather Everton fail so I can be proved right on the internet.

Even Stevie Wonder could tell you this Everton side now is playing much better than anything we’ve seen for a long time.

8th last season with 49 points and a goal difference of -14. However, even though we’ve already bettered both of those things (one by an eye-watering 20 goals difference) if we don’t finish 7th then we HAVEN’T IMPROVED.

Moaners wow,football is chalk and cheese from last seasons horror show and as for comparing positions Burnley finished 7th last season ,I don’t care if we finish 10th I think we’ll finish 8th but the last two months has enthused me like nothing else ,playing great pressing football dominating teams and 3 wins against top 6 opposition,roll on the summer for Marco
And Marcel I for one cannot wait for next season

Not here to piss on your post. But dont look at 3 wins against "top" 6 as anything for next season as they are all currently rubbish.

Jesus christ. You're losing the plot there. Who would care.
Its a forum. I would go more the other way and say others are far to quick to post "where are you now" comments to anyone who dare question anything. Interestingly something i dont see with these so called agenda people. When did that come in aswell. Agenda people haha. Do you want a forum where everybody has to agree with everyone else for fear of being pulled up for anything you've ever said.
Everton fail to look good on the internet. Wow haha.

Not here to piss on your post. But dont look at 3 wins against "top" 6 as anything for next season as they are all currently rubbish.

Jesus christ. You're losing the plot there. Who would care.
Its a forum. I would go more the other way and say others are far to quick to post "where are you now" comments to anyone who dare question anything. Interestingly something i dont see with these so called agenda people. When did that come in aswell. Agenda people haha. Do you want a forum where everybody has to agree with everyone else for fear of being pulled up for anything you've ever said.
Everton fail to look good on the internet. Wow haha.
Good post that which either fence you sit on.

Status
Not open for further replies.