• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, try telling others that.

And "come along way...."

Not, really...

Same league position as last season, 8th and as close to Europa League (via the league) as we are to relegation.

Sure, much improved in recent weeks - maybe with Wolves in the Europa and a striker who can slot we'll finish next season in 'magnificent seventh'
I disagree I think we have come along way from last season. You’re just throwing up statistics. Cast your mind back to the last game of the season last year against Southampton and tell me the hasn’t been signifigent progression at both ends of the pitch.

I disagree I think we have come along way from last season. You’re just throwing up statistics. Cast your mind back to the last game of the season last year against Southampton and tell me the hasn’t been signifigent progression at both ends of the pitch.

"Just throwing up stats"

Stats being the league position in response to a claim that we've come "a long way"

Ok mate. Lets hope we go "a long way" next season and finish 8th as well then eh.

It unfortunately was this season. We were in an utter mess. Still are to some extent.

But next season Silva has no excuse. He's earned the right to another season but he has to do substantially better in all competitions or he wont get a third year.
True.

European qualification next season is the bare minimum he needs to aim at.

Well I don’t think your looking at this with any objectivity. If we are inconsistent then yes we will finish mid table, but did you expect Marco Silva to embed his ideas get his new players adapting with last years squad and have a stab at the top 4 after a World Cup year too, when the time to sign players work with them pre season was limited. You sound very much like a half empty supporter to me. Some quality signings for competition in the right areas and I think we are in much better shape than we started last season.

Sure, much improved in recent weeks - maybe with Wolves in the Europa and a striker who can slot we'll finish next season in 'magnificent seventh'

Our trajectory is upwardly mobile. Wolves like you say, may have issues. After their first season in the PL since heavens knows when, maybe they will be the latest club to rewrite how football should be. Like Swansea, and Bournemouth, and Southampton did.

Huge uncertainty over United, and Chelsea. Spurs? Who knows. Might have another Kane on the rank, and bought another Ali for 50p last summer. Got a few bills to pay, thats for sure though.

Reckon we aint too badly placed myself.

Yup we have came an awful long way since them dark days last season

Season 2017/18 - Week 36

League Position----Team-------Played----Points
8.___________________Everton______36_______48

Season 2018/19 - Week 36

League Position----Team-------Played-----Points
8.____________________Everton______36_______50

Pmsl :eek:lol

The biggest plus is silva finaly changed something that was going to eventualy get him the sack. Soon as the keystone cops tactics at set pieces and corners went we look very different.

Surely people can recognise the difference in the actual football we’re playing this season compared to last? It’s night and day! There actually seems a plan and a strategy. There maybe not a huge difference points wise but that is a bit of a red herring and doesn’t tell the whole story.

Silva has only just got here and it’s yet more upheaval and a new man with different ideas that the players have to get used to. It took an age to get to grips with zonal marking and Silva’s way of playing. Maybe that’s more about the players intelligence than the manager?

It cost us an awful lot of points early on but he stuck to his way of coaching and the players finally adapted to his methods and have made them work.

There were shouts of Martinez mk2 early doors and fears that he couldn’t organise a defence. Don’t hear those shouts anymore funnily enough.

There’s no doubt he’s improved players too. The Stoke fans were not the least bit impressed with Zouma last season and that’s being kind. He looks an absolute rock for us.

Gomes came with supposedly shattered confidence, he’s rebuilt that here.

And Keane? Incredible turn around in form. Gueye has been good from day one but has arguably had his best season, DCL has improved also.

All a coincidence or the sign of a very good coach?

It was pretty unfair to expect Silva to get this team firing straight away after all the upheaval of swapping managers every season, and trying to bed in a handful of new players some of which were completely new to the league.

Things take time and he fully deserves to be given the opportunity to improve again next season. A few more quality additions (especially goalscorers) and lets see how far up he can take us.

The biggest plus is silva finaly changed something that was going to eventualy get him the sack. Soon as the keystone cops tactics at set pieces and corners went we look very different.
I’m not convinced they have went. I just think the players have finally gotten used to his methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.