• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had 3 managers since Moyes and not once did we go for any of that type of manager. Even though we pay handsomely (usual in the top 15 best paid in world football) and give relative control of everything football related.

Yet... nothing. No approaches, no usual jarg linked rumours.

So it's one of two things. We didn't bother to get those managers. Or none of them are keen to manage us.

We have had 4 permanent and 2 interim managers since moyes left.

Pochettino was a gamble when he came to the Prem League.

But surely you can name a few managers with your required level of experience? Otherwise you are just shouting sack and get a top manager as if it's as easy as that, with no risks or repercussions.

Just a few names HK

Just because a fan cant name a shortlist of managers doesnt make his point any less valid.

Thats like saying we should persist with Tosun as Centre Forward next season because I cant name any potential replacement signings.

Myself personally I would go for:

Mancini
Wenger
Benitez
Rudi Garcia
Van Gaal
Nagellsmann (potential)
Fonesca (potential)
Sampaoli (left field)

Plenty of managers out there outside of the elite who we could attract who would do a better job than the current clown we have.

Problem is Moshiri doesnt look further past the 7-10th bracket in the PL for his choice of manager.

Lets hope Brands does when he punts this proven failure.

I will fail into your trap. If you want to complete with top 6 (win the league eventually) you need to employ the best possible manager out there.

Conte, Mourinho, Mancini, Wenger.

I will even take Van Gaal and Benitez (if he is not a RS) over Silva.

I would rather have Moyes back if there is no choice (not a winner obviously but his time at Everton spoke for himself).

I ask you what pal if you want Everton to complete with the best what makes you think a 3rd rate manager can do it?

Ok. Thank you.

So how do you entice Conte Mourinho or Mancini if we aren't going to be signing top players? They all like to get in big money signings when they enter a club.

Do you think that's a good policy when we have players on high wages that we might not even be able to sell? Don't you believe there are risks to that considering what has happened over the last few seasons?

It's easy to say get those big names but what's your thoughts on the above? How does the club go about it?

Van Gaal and Benitez. What is honestly more likely with those? We break top 4 and build the squad to challenge for a title....or they do okay, make us solid and get fired after a bad season? Apart from the fact Benitez should never be allowed near the Everton managers job, he is a slightly better version of Moyes % football which brings with it a glass ceiling in my opinion. I'd be surprised if you can honestly see him having us challenging for the title...he would be given no time at all just like the last manager because he would be largely hated. I don't see how that is a good solution for where we are now as a club?

Moyes.....how are you going to get to the next step with Moyes? Or is your goal just to be safe and stable? We are talking about how to move forward.

So how do you make your plan work?

We have had 4 permanent and 2 interim managers since moyes left.
Martinez/ Koeman/ Unsworth/ Big Scam/ SIlva, and I give up google help me out with who was in charge when Martinez got the boot (I suspect Joe) - wikipedia says it was Unsworth for one game. I think that was a trick question!

Just because a fan cant name a shortlist of managers doesnt make his point any less valid.

Thats like saying we should persist with Tosun as Centre Forward next season because I cant name any potential replacement signings.

Myself personally I would go for:

Mancini
Wenger
Benitez
Rudi Garcia
Van Gaal
Nagellsmann (potential)
Fonesca (potential)
Sampaoli (left field)

Plenty of managers out there outside of the elite who we could attract who would do a better job than the current clown we have.

Problem is Moshiri doesnt look further past the 7-10th bracket in the PL for his choice of manager.

Lets hope Brands does when he punts this proven failure.

I didn't say his point wasnt valid, I have continued the discussion with him thank you. Enough with your constant straw man arguments.

I've covered Mancini and Van Gaal in the last post, but say we get any of the others and they finish 11th next season? What's the plan then?

I didn't say his point wasnt valid, I have continued the discussion with him thank you. Enough with your constant straw man arguments.

I've covered Mancini and Van Gaal in the last post, but say we get any of the others and they finish 11th next season? What's the plan then?
I'd love to have the confidence that we'll finish 11th this season

Assisting Unsy officially for the game against Norwich. My hazy brain remembers it vaguely. Why he didn't assist when Unsy took the reigns after Koeman is now a question I would ask with the benefit of hindsight - it would have removed that incident when he came down to help Unsworth out as he would have been there already.

Anyway, Marco Silva...

Any manager who can take maximum points off the bottom four and four points off the three teams above them would do me for the first season at least.Or is that asking too much?

Some fans do have discrimination on aging (50s up) manager. I don’t understand why the manager has to be a younger one. Is that matter if one old manager can win games?
I get wanting a young manager with fresh ideas, someone able to do the job in many years to come insted of an older ‘stop gap’ manager.
I think having an older, more experienced manager whos ‘been there before’ and knows how to get out of a slump is worth a lot more to Everton at this moment in time, than the possibility of a newer, better Moyes coming along. Not saying we should sack Silva yet, but if/when he goes, Id like us to get someone with real experience with a team like Everton, Not another young gamble.
I dont want BFS back, but at least he got them playing how he wanted them to play. Boring, but it got the job done, and the players seemed to respect him more than some of our other recent managers.

I get wanting a young manager with fresh ideas, someone able to do the job in many years to come insted of an older ‘stop gap’ manager.
I think having an older, more experienced manager whos ‘been there before’ and knows how to get out of a slump is worth a lot more to Everton at this moment in time, than the possibility of a newer, better Moyes coming along. Not saying we should sack Silva yet, but if/when he goes, Id like us to get someone with real experience with a team like Everton, Not another young gamble.
I dont want BFS back, but at least he got them playing how he wanted them to play. Boring, but it got the job done, and the players seemed to respect him more than some of our other recent managers.
Eddie Howe has got the new Moyes feeling about him but I just wouldn't fancy him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.