• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel they went out of their way to stop us getting in. Collina was a disgrace.

They didn’t want five English clubs in there and we were the patsies.

Wasn't that the one game that Collina came out of retirement for? It was also weird that our game kicked off an hour after the other English clubs had played. Even getting Villareal was a bit weird - the up and coming side from Spain, with up coming manager Manuel Pellegrini at the helm.

It all looked geared to eliminating us.

Wasn't that the one game that Collina came out of retirement for? It was also weird that our game kicked off an hour after the other English clubs had played. Even getting Villareal was a bit weird - the up and coming side from Spain, with up coming manager Manuel Pellegrini at the helm.

It all looked geared to eliminating us.
Yeah, it was a predictably corrupt UEFA stitch up. Ferguson has a perfectly good headed goal disallowed that would have either taken it to extra time or put us through (can’t remember which).

Just like Nymzee said, 2 sides already gone. IMO we will finish top half but it could be anywhere between 10 and 7.

I agree we won’t be in a relegation battle but I can’t see how we finish in the top 10. We’ll lose most of our home games bar Burnley and we don’t win many away.

I avoided social media (bar 1 tweet) today as it's not great for ones general mental well being. However are people really surprised after Millwall? I suppose my point is, I can't see why people's head would fall off today and not after Millwall. I am not sure we get much more than high 40's this season. I've resigned myself to that. We lose an early penalty today, the team is poor, that was game over. I can't reconcile the surprise.

We need a massive upturn in form for high 40’s.

Normally we would have a few winnable games at home but we probably have 1. Away games are tough too against lower half teams battling.

I can easily see low 40’s and a 12-13th finish.

I’m in two minds at the moment as to if I want Silva out. I’m wondering however if the blame should rest firmly with the players and not Silva. This is the fourth manager when the team starts well in implementing the ideas of the new manager and then goes off the boil. I know some new players have come in since Martinez but it could be a deep routed cultural issue. Listening to Silva’s comments these last few weeks he sounds like he is frustrated with the players in terms of telling them what to do, and ultimately they do something else or aren’t capable of doing what is asked to the required level. Perhaps Big Fat Sam was right the other week in that the style of football the team played under him was purely based on the level of ability the squad has. Perhaps we think these players are better than what they actually are. Who knows, no doubt the truth lies somewhere in between.

Forced to play Coleman and Keane at half of a defence with a totally lopsided midfield goes someway to mitigate results imo.

We can't sack him after one season. Give him another summer, let Brands work his magic and see what happens next year at least.

Even Chelsea are starting to feel the effects of their managerial [Poor language removed] around, and we don't have their resources or success yet.

Sarri was heralded as the second coming after his initial streak but after Silva put Sigurdsson on Jorginho other managers copied it and theyve been relatively nullified since.

I think hes doing as best he can with some very average players who switch off all the time.

Forced to play Coleman and Keane at half of a defence with a totally lopsided midfield goes someway to mitigate results imo.

Sarri was heralded as the second coming after his initial streak but after Silva put Sigurdsson on Jorginho other managers copied it and theyve been relatively nullified since.

I think hes doing as best he can with some very average players who switch off all the time.
I agree with that especially about players but I really don't think his "best" is good enough mate.

We can't sack him after one season. Give him another summer, let Brands work his magic and see what happens next year at least.

Even Chelsea are starting to feel the effects of their managerial [Poor language removed] around, and we don't have their resources or success yet.

He’s crap he has to go in May the latest. We can’t beat and even lost to bottom 13 teams. He can’t setup a defence. The goals we conceded that’s atrocious. You can’t blame everything on the players they are instructed by the manager.

The inability to defend setpieces. The highline. The charging full backs. The gap between midfield and cb. The slow and crap build up play. Sideway pass pass pass pass pass. 4-2-3-1 not working and not being flexible. Crap subs when we went down. Failure to adjust things when we are behind. Failure to beat dross at home and we now even lose to them.

He has to go we have regressed from having Fat Sam here. It’s just after the Citch game or when we are beaten by RS or in May the latest.

I agree with that especially about players but I really don't think his "best" is good enough mate.

I think its really relative...yesterdays team for example

Pickford
Coleman Keane Zouma Baines
Gomes Davies
Walcott Sigurdsson Richarlison
Tosun
3 weak links at the back (Coleman/Keane/Baines)

No effective defensive nous in the centre

Two attacking players who hide

A centre forward that isnt good enough

I could go on about the right + centre...

If we look at the permanent signings, he's signed 3 players for the left hand side and a centre back.

In the summer if we do the same on the opposite side to replace Keane, Coleman and Walcott we will still lack a midfield and centre forward.

Its a big job.

Ive always said its going to be a long slog of a season and in 2 summers time we will begin seeing the fruits of Brands/Silvas work

Status
Not open for further replies.