• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hounded out of Utd for being rigid, boring and not learning from his mistakes.

We're not really in a position to turn our nose up at LVG at the moment mate.

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 9.18.06 PM.png

Whats the point in sacking him - at this stage of the season we would only get some other unwanted dross or a money grabbing mercenary and we have plenty of them on the field already. The ONLY hope is that he is a strong enough person to realise its not working and stop persisting with things that are not improving. Lets get to the end of this already dead season and reassess then.

I'm lost now. The best defence I have for him is just something about not wanting to go through the process again. This season is done lads, just hobble on until May and then see where we are then. One thing is for sure with the next guy though, do NOT let Kenwright and Farhad anywhere near the recruitment process.
But hard though - they own the club!

What concerns me most is that he quite obviously isn't working on or doing anything to address our massive issues defensively, especially on set pieces.

Teams are not doing an Arsenal style 25 passes with a killer ball to break us down. A simple ball over the top or into the channel has us completely wrecked. Panicked we just told or give away a freekick or corner and then it's more panick.

One of the things Sam did when he came in was get the players back to basic positioning when defending and that means solid lines when you don't have the ball. If you have lines it's hard to break down. That's nonexistent right now because of the way Silva gets our full backs to go forward.

If we lose the ball with our full backs forward we have 2 centre backs and then maybe a midfielder who's dropped deep, Gueye or Gomes. But then we're out numbered still because their wide players have no one really to stop them as our full backs are over the half way line and we're constantly out numbered in midfield so there's no one to pick up them running in.

He's tactically awful, like proper bad. Also he doesn't seem to be able to inspire or motivate the players. Everything is just so flat.

Van Gaal would be exactly what we need and I can't believe people would turn their nose up.

Not that it matters because I don't think he would ever come. But just putting that out there.

No one would turn their nose up. I just cannot see it happening. The guy is 67 and enjoying retirement

We can’t keep losing at home, we can’t keep conceding from set pieces, and we can’t keep failing to create chances. I don’t want to keep changing managers, but this can’t go on forever.

A lot of home games against the top 6 coming up. Goodson will turn toxic. Silva will get the bullet for the seasons end to satisfy the natives. Unsworth will come in as interim until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.