• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sporting Lisbon aren't the biggest club in Portugal. They're nowhere near Benfica and Porto.

Also, Olympiacos and Sporting Lisbon aren't both far bigger clubs than Everton, they're not even bigger clubs than Everton.

We'd beat them in a transfer battle for any player and can spend money they can only dream of having.

Are Malmo a far bigger club than Everton because they win things in an irrelevant league?

For some reason, I had in my mind that he'd managed Porto as well as Sporting. He didn't, he was just heavily linked there. So apologies.

Sporting are definitely as big as Everton, though. Similar pressures, similar size of history etc.

I was not in favour of appointing Silva. I thought it was too big a risk for a club like Everton to go with a manager that might prove to be wonderful or useless.

I must say that I have been impressed by the way he handles himself, by the way he sets his team up and tries to play football. I have been impressed by the quality of the signings which are shared between Brands and Silva and I expect Richarlison was mostly a Silva signing.

Results have not been what we wanted but we have already had our quota of players being sent off for the entire season , offside goals against us and injuries as well.
We cannot continue to change managers every few months, we need to give the manager and the team time to settle. The performances have been generally good even if the results are not.... West Ham apart.
I think it may be after Christmas before we see what the team is actually capable of and Silva can be better judged then.

But as a club we are not in a position to go for a world class manager. We just aren't. So we have to go for a younger up and coming coach.

Everyone raves about working with Silva. We didn't beat Arsenal on Sunday because we failed to take our chances. That's not something that's down to him.

he has loads of improvements to make (both to himself as a coach and to the team) but six games isn't enough time, like you say

It's mad how little time some people are willing to give a manager.

Marco Silva isn't one of the top managers around. He's a promising manager though. Won a cup at Sporting. Won a league at Olympiakos. Hull was an impossible task where he did a really good job getting a tune out of a miss mash of a squad. Watford was going well until he became unsettled.

No-one should be arguing that Silva is an elite manager. He isn't. But that's fine. Realistically elite managers wouldn't want to join last summer. Silva was one the most promising available with Premier League experience. Now he's here people are losing their heads after 6 league games.

Going to take a while for him to embed his tactics and work out what players he wants and what the squad needs. That'll mean multiple transfer windows to get anything resembling a squad that can dream of challenging for Top 4. At the moment 7th place and 60 points looks a good target for this season. Think that'll be hard to achieve because of the transition. Top 6 challenges over 2019/20 and 20/21 - not necessarily top6 finishes though. Maybe, just maybe, if things go unbelievably well with recruitment, youth development and the manager then a Top 4 challenge could materialise over one of those seasons.

People will read the above and think it's over negative of the situation. I think it's realistic. What I think is a negative influence is people dogging the manager after 6 games. Let's give him 6 months before we even start to form an opinion. Now's the time to get behind the new manager and team. No value in paying another manager a pay off and flip flopping between different styles of football and recruitment.

Silva can't make DCL's decision for him to go around the keeper but what he has done is create enough confidence and intent to get into that type of position. Positions we haven't been in for a couple of seasons especially at places like Arsenal. We can take pride from that performance. It was hard lines and the game can change in the blink of an eye but please.....get off his back....he's been in the job two months and we are already playing better football. The results will come.

Just watch how the tune changes when we win next. I will re visit this thread to remind everyone. This bloke has been in place barely 6 weeks before the season started. In that time, he has got rid of dead wood in abundance. Is it something like 8 players out the door? Furthermore, 3 of HIS 5 signing’s are coming back slowly but surely from injury.

Silva didn’t sign Niasse, DCL or Tosun. He arrived with little time to sort out the back four never mind the friggin front 2/3. For goodness sake, he needs a bit of time!! Who FFS do people want to replace him already????

Let’s give him at least until March and one more transfer window before unrest starts and that familiar toxic feel returns to cascade from the stands onto the pitch to make our players lack confidence......

Just watch how the tune changes when we win next. I will re visit this thread to remind everyone. This bloke has been in place barely 6 weeks before the season started. In that time, he has got rid of dead wood in abundance. Is it something like 8 players out the door? Furthermore, 3 of HIS 5 signing’s are coming back slowly but surely from injury.

Silva didn’t sign Niasse, DCL or Tosun. He arrived with little time to sort out the back four never mind the friggin front 2/3. For goodness sake, he needs a bit of time!! Who FFS do people want to replace him already????

Let’s give him at least until March and one more transfer window before unrest starts and that familiar toxic feel returns to cascade from the stands onto the pitch to make our players lack confidence......

Nail and head there mate.

The only names that the usual bedwetters are trotting out, as replacements are Moyes and Allardyce.

Hardly the brave new dawn :hayee:

* If you wait a few minutes they`ll be along anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.