• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our second half was clearly played more as a game of stamina or war of attrition. I rate today's subs 6 or 7 out of 10. Our lads were being hacked down all over the pitch for the whole game, credit to them sticking in it. This is a good start to the Silva era, don't you think?

Remember, we got so much more ammo in the arsenal with the new signings yet to gel. Here's hoping for a good season, Everton.

Get the players on the pitch he wanted and then judge his defensive set up. You cant make a silk purse with a sow's ear.
Good point. We were crap at defending set pieces last year, too. Mina and Digne are massive upgrades in the air over anyone and Baines. That makes a bit of a difference.

But there is nothing wrong with Zonal marking. There is wrong with executing it poorly and Silva recognizes it well.

Pretty happy with the start. Hopefully we can take advantage of this favourable set of starting fixtures and bed in our new players. Great that Richarlison has scored a couple of early goals

Good point. We were crap at defending set pieces last year, too. Mina and Digne are massive upgrades in the air over anyone and Baines. That makes a bit of a difference.

But there is nothing wrong with Zonal marking. There is wrong with executing it poorly and Silva recognizes it well.
Kendall went zonal....

Good to see that as a fluid attacking team at ground out three points against yard dogs. We ground out and should have won the game last week too so good to see style with substance already.

lol
Isn't it a good feeling seeing a snappy, creative Everton developing my friend?

Yes. We played some good stuff there today. Any manager looking to play football is ok by me. I said elsewhere though that I think we need another forward who can allow us to mix up our approach play - he was required in the summer we didn't get him and we dont have a change up. Which limits us.

Yes. We played some good stuff there today. Any manager looking to play football is ok by me. I said elsewhere though that I think we need another forward who can allow us to mix up our approach play - he was required in the summer we didn't get him and we dont have a change up. Which limits us.
I'd debate that we do but none of the necessary quality.
DCL isn't there yet and Niasse is direct, willing and swift but technically lacking.
Tosun is a hybrid of the two of them and the best option but an injury to him leaves us very light.

I'd debate that we do but none of the necessary quality.
DCL isn't there yet and Niasse is direct, willing and swift but technically lacking.
Tosun is a hybrid of the two of them and the best option but an injury to him leaves us very light.
Against better teams than Wolves and S'ton we'll need to have someone who can give us a breather and get the ball to stick to them - and sometimes by going long.

Could be the idea is either Walcott or Richarlison to fill those roles mate with Bernard on the wing
I dont think either are robust enough.

I'm not advocating we get a big bruiser in, but if we could get a player who can adapt to playing up front witjh his back to goal and with good screening to allow for players to push up from that we would have a real option. We will need them in games to come against much better teams.

We really missed a trick in the summer window. I can guarantee that when January is on the horizon the biggest shout will be to get another type of forward in. For me Tsun isn't all that.

I dont think either are robust enough.

I'm not advocating we get a big bruiser in, but if we could get a player who can adapt to playing up front witjh his back to goal and with good screening to allow for players to push up from that we would have a real option. We will need them in games to come against much better teams.

We really missed a trick in the summer window. I can guarantee that when January is on the horizon the biggest shout will be to get another type of forward in. For me Tsun isn't all that.

Tosun is a decent solid all round CF, whose a very good finisher.

Top 6 calibre team he's not starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.