• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

We've only got 1 point against any of the top 6 teams, which is an indictment of how far away from challenging those teams. I think we've largely been pretty awful this season, we've only really beaten average teams at home. We had a few good results away from home, such as Burnley and Leicester, but mostly we've been pretty poor. The loss at Anfield in my opinion destroyed or confidence.

It’s the home form against dross.

Huddersfield, Watford, Newcastle - draws

West Ham, Leicester - defeats

These 5 games...if Silva managed to turn draws to wins. Defeats to draws I don’t see any problem here.

Since the days of Moyes, we did our part against the bottom 13 teams at home except RM’s awful 2 seasons.

Why? Because you want to win now.

Those games occurred less then 6 months into the life cycle of this regime the performances and set up illustrates to me we have a manager who can match the best tactically and put together a limited team to be competitive, that I think long term with his own o,Ayers is a decent foundation.

What did you expect this season, I’ve said all along what I expect is boom and bust football. I haven’t been proven wrong, I don’t think any other manager couldn’t have done any different.

All I see in this thread, is peop,e crotising a manger, scapegoating and wanting a quick fix. Exactly where we have been for the past three years and exactly why we are gash.

Rinse and repeat, it’s quite remarkable that people seem to have learned nothing.

My question about not rating him goes long before he was even here though.

What has he ever done to say he’s good enough for where we allegedly want to get to?

Also...I want to win now. Yes. I want to beat the likes of Huddersfield at home now. Yes. It’s really not that unreasonable.

You keep saying that I should read your posts. Perhaps you should read mine which state that I don’t want him sacked. I want him to perform to a decent standard and sort out what should be a decent-ish squad of players.

I don’t want him sacked. I don’t want a quick fix.

Not to say the squad are unforgivable here. They’re not. But this is the managers thread.

My question remains. As someone who didn’t want him here in the first place, he is showing no signs of being able to sort this out to me. Do you understand how hard it is to ‘support’ an underperforming manager you never had any faith in in the first place?

What has he ever done to say he’s good enough for where we allegedly want to get to?

Also...I want to win now. Yes. I want to beat the likes of Huddersfield at home now. Yes. It’s really not that unreasonable.

You keep saying that I should read your posts. Perhaps you should read mine which state that I don’t want him sacked. I want him to perform to a decent standard and sort out what should be a decent-ish squad of players.

Not to say the squad are unforgivable here. They’re not. But this is the managers thread.

My question remains. As someone who didn’t want him here in the first place, he is showing no signs of being able to sort this out to me. Do you understand how hard it is to ‘support’ an underperforming manager you never had any faith in in the first place?

its a horrible position to be in mate.

What did he say about the players? I saw the quote about the fanbase but nothing else
He had to play a style to suit the crap players he was left with.

"And I thought that stabilising that club and certainly finishing eighth was a pretty good season.

"In terms of the style of football, the style of football that we played was to the capabilities of the players that were out there on the field and their capabilities proved that the style of football was what they were capable of.

"It wasn't me saying you have to restrict and play this so called way, but of course that comes with my past reputation and everyone jumps on the back of that, which is a falsehood, that's actually a lie, but that's what follows.

"So the capabilities of the players were, this is what they're capable of for now - and I think we got them into a very good position to build and move forward from that."

Ah so you didn’t rate him before he came. Is there a risk of confirmation bias.

That’s fair enough, personally I think that’s a short term liner view, but you are entitled to it. We are disagreeing here after all. It’s an easy thing to say I want to win every game, because we are Everton. In my opinion we are currently basket case Everton in more ways them one. I also believe there is a broader process rather then events.

So essentially you will get frustrated with my outlook because you are annoyed about loosing Southampton, I’ll get frustrated an most with yours because I see short terminology and reactionary opinions like your, getting us to the debacle where we are loosening to Southampton. It’s ok to have differing opinions.

To be honest, I screen some post and reply to bits that interest, I am guilty of maybe not reading all your. Fair enough, critique Silva it’s healthy. I know you are not saying it, but the last thing this club needs is a change of manager. n the

It’s a good question what has he ever done. I notice in a modern context people rate different things about managers. Some trophies etc, others attributes etc. Pochettino has done nothing trophy wise but is prob one of the most sought after managers in World football.

For me my hope was/is that he has won trophies elsewhere, while in the PL he got clubs with clear limits on upward arc in terms of results and performances. I believe based on what I have seen at times that he can do one or both of those two things here, if he can work through significant limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.