• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly mate.

I get the mistakes he is making, totally agree 100% and he will no doubt get punted at some point. But he's calling them out about effort/concentration/application these things have to come from the player themselves, the manager can't kick the ball for them
Yes ! But the players are not stupid! If YOU were in MIDDLE management, on 80k a week contract, with no way of getting to the TOP. Would YOU bust a gut ?

The point being our squad is not good enough...

It's pretty simple.

Look, I think the problem is that many here think our team was a legit 8th place team last year. We weren't. We were lucky as can be. We had one of the worst defenses in the league - worst in goals conceded in open play - AND one of the worst attacks. Think we may have been bottom 3 or 4 in chances created, definite 2nd worst in shots. It was a relegation level team, the league was just terrible AND we were incredibly lucky.

It's pretty simple.

Look, I think the problem is that many here think our team was a legit 8th place team last year. We weren't. We were lucky as can be. We had one of the worst defenses in the league - worst in goals conceded in open play - AND one of the worst attacks. Think we may have been bottom 3 or 4 in chances created, definite 2nd worst in shots. It was a relegation level team, the league was just terrible AND we were incredibly lucky.

Spot on.

We were dreadful under Koeman + then Unsworth and under Allardyce we were extremely lucky with some extremely poor stats.

In reality we were playing like a relegation threatened team and extremely poor in almost every department.

This is going to take the summer to have the semblance of a first 11 and a 2nd summer to look good again.

Not Silva's fault:

Everton's best midfielder has had his head turned and Davies is still playing meaningful minutes.
Midfield as a whole is still the weak point.
Baines still playing meaningful minutes is not a good thing.
Defensive depth is still poor.

Silva's fault:

Zonal marking flat out doesn't work.
Two holding midfielders has been awful. However, putting Davies higher up the field is just laughable.
Figure out what you want to do with Richarlison. Put him up top or keep him wide. Stop flip-flopping.
Bernard and Lookman should be on the field.

Not Silva's fault:

Everton's best midfielder has had his head turned and Davies is still playing meaningful minutes.

Silva's fault:

Two holding midfielders has been awful. However, putting Davies higher up the field is just laughable.
Figure out what you want to do with Richarlison. Put him up top or keep him wide. Stop flip-flopping.
Which = a clear out in the Summer. Which is going to be hard due to wages and contracts.The youth players that have a possibility of making it big time should be loaned out to a Championship club to see where their level is.......and if there is another Rooney ,Owen type wonderkid add them to the first team squad.It's going to get a lot messier before it gets better.And i say that without mentioning the fact we haven't replaced Lukaku since he left. Lookman doesn't know where the hell he is at the moment.

Not Silva's fault:

Silva's fault:

He needs to change tactics too

So Manchester City, the shower of tramps across the park, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United, are the next five home games.Good god the last two months have been rough, and it could get rougher.You would hope for seven points out of those games.Beat the rs preferably and draw the rest at the very least.Although pardon me for saying this, if City beat us, then it could be a blessing in disguise.Small mercies i believe it's called.:)

Football management is why these players go into coaching. There's very few of them who want to be a number 2 all their lives. They are fiercely ambitious and very ego driven.

I'm not having this argument that he'd rather stay as a number 2 than take a big top flight job. Never in a million years.
Yeah, but Spanish guys are smart. They will serve an apprenticeship, coach the U21 then B team and then move into senior coaching.

Don’t think we’ve ever been fit enough to do that. Burn out was always going to come early. It really kicked in after the derby and we haven’t played like it since.

Think it’s another area we’ve fallen short on. Genuinely haven’t seen us outrun or outwork anyone.

We did it at the start of the start of the year though. The line was high and pressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.