• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think he would have after the last 2 PL jobs, one he was relegated and the other he got sacked! And half over half of a season here, but no. Why do you think he will suddenly wake up?

We don't know because he hasn't been in an PL job for much more than 6 months. I would like to give him his little bit of time rather than getting another manager in again. The spate of managers has not helped us one bit. I still reckon to give him around 6 weeks into next season then we make a decision. If Brands can do his clear out and get some new players then no excuses can be made but it is important to have the clear out to reduce the squad of deadwood because if he can't then it will not help us in the transfer market.

We don't know because he hasn't been in an PL job for much more than 6 months. I would like to give him his little bit of time rather than getting another manager in again. The spate of managers has not helped us one bit. I still reckon to give him around 6 weeks into next season then we make a decision. If Brands can do his clear out and get some new players then no excuses can be made but it is important to have the clear out to reduce the squad of deadwood because if he can't then it will not help us in the transfer market.

Then employ another fireman to save us...

Because it seems to me that Everton are trying to be smart and sign up the "next" big thing.

Clearly a stupid thing to do, it seems Southampton has done it again. I don`t think Southampton have better players than us yet since Ralf Hassenhuttl has been in they`ve beaten Arsenal ending their 22 game unbeaten run, drawn with Chelsea and accumulated 14 points from 9 premier league games. Southampton looked dead and buried 9 games ago sitting in the bottom 3 with 11 points from 16 games.

In the same 9 games we have accumulated 9 points. In fact more alarmingly in those 9 games we have scored 13 (5 at Burnley) and conceded 17. We got lucky with Moyes, other than him who have we appointed `up and coming` or `next big thing` that suggests its a route we should go down?

How many of those are at home against the non top 6 teams in the course of 11 years? Moyes had literally no money at the time what can he do more?

Despite his 6 months at the club we don’t lose to the dross teams at home under Sam.

Moyes had assets on the pitch but was happy with the steadiness of them rather than a wheel and deal to get better players. There was not as many good teams then as there is now so it was still a best of the rest with less better teams above.

No we didn't lose to dross teams at home with BFS but regardless the style would not change. I am sure we all found the style ugly.
The style is ugly now but earlier it wasn't and he needs to rectify it, but the difference between BFS and Silva is we have seen Silva can play some good football yet BFS we never ever seen it. No way forward with BFS style.

Moyes had assets on the pitch but was happy with the steadiness of them rather than a wheel and deal to get better players. There was not as many good teams then as there is now so it was still a best of the rest with less better teams above.

No we didn't lose to dross teams at home with BFS but regardless the style would not change. I am sure we all found the style ugly.
The style is ugly now but earlier it wasn't and he needs to rectify it, but the difference between BFS and Silva is we have seen Silva can play some good football yet BFS we never ever seen it. No way forward with BFS style.
Put the pipe down - Moyes was literally the best performing manager in the transfer market!

Maybe the same reason Moyes stayed in a job after getting beat 6-2, 7-0 numerous 5 goal conceded matches and a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Wigan at home.
It happens but Moyes bounced back in a way to have respectable positions. Moyes was just a respectable position manager but had 11 years to build a team.
Allardyce had 2 wins in 12 games at one stage....it happens.
See how the rest of the season goes without expecting too much then let him have his summer grace then see how the team is then. I am hoping (not sure though) that Silva is learning a lot with this rut we are in and can come out of it a better, stronger manager.

Mate the guys a phony. Have you seen the number of goals conceeded from set pieces? Have you seen that he is the first manager in PL history to conceede 6 goals with 3 different teams? Have you seen the complete lack of tactical nous, in game management, lack of a Plan B and awful attacking play?

The squad isnt great but the fellow is a joke of a manager certainly in English football.

Mmmm, you could argue we have nothing to play for so why not experiment, try other players etc etc., as its extremely unlikely we’ll be relegated (not impossible though). So for argument’s sake, let’s say we lost 5 on the bounce, starting with yesterday, do the board just sit on their hands or do they pull the trigger? I know he has his detractors on here, but what on earth can Moshiri be making of this utter shambles? I’ve never tried flushing £50 notes down the toilet but that’s how it must feel to him at present.

Anyone who derides Moyes’ football should watch some of the goals from that season and especially the home game v Fiorentina. We absolutely dismantled them. An absolute light year above any of the football we’ve seen since he left.

Osman smashes in from 25 yards after a back heel assist from Pienaar to round off a move that started in our own penalty box. Moronic Everton fans: ‘that Moyes is a football dinosaur, hoooof, keep it tight and pinch one is back, fed up of these routine home wins’.

I sometimes think the last 5 years has been a bit of karma for some of the over entitled whining that was going on when we were qualifying for Europe, getting to Wembley, and finishing in the top 5.

You've made some good points there that I think I blocked out of my memory but when I think of him, I see the nucleus behind us getting bent over at Anfield year after year and bottling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.