• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I avoided social media (bar 1 tweet) today as it's not great for ones general mental well being. However are people really surprised after Millwall? I suppose my point is, I can't see why people's head would fall off today and not after Millwall. I am not sure we get much more than high 40's this season. I've resigned myself to that. We lose an early penalty today, the team is poor, that was game over. I can't reconcile the surprise.
High 40's? I can't see us picking up more than another 4-6 points this season.

I really want stability, I really want to back Silva to get his team and style. We do need to give manager a period because we are lurching from one crisis to another with a mess of a squad. But if he can't drill the basics, or a pattern of play or pressing, then will time actually make it better? You can buy better players but if the coaching, mentality and formation is wrong it won't improve no matter how much time he gets.

I really want stability, I really want to back Silva to get his team and style. We do need to give manager a period because we are lurching from one crisis to another with a mess of a squad. But if he can't drill the basics, or a pattern of play or pressing, then will time actually make it better? You can buy better players but if the coaching, mentality and formation is wrong it won't improve no matter how much time he gets.
You can have the stability of losing to poor opposition week after week, set piece after set piece...

The growing problem within the fan base is we’re drunk with disappointment - even getting home after the game my youngest just shrugged his shoulders - beaten again. That’s what this team has done drained any enthusiasm. Players and Manager should be ashamed of themselves.
There is no enthusiasm or commitment in the team. There goals were shocking. Know one ran back and tried defending. Just lazy football

Silva contract is 3 years. 2 years left by the end of this season. Not massive payout if we sack, he is on lower wages compare to Sam and Koeman.

Signing of striker will not solve the problem of zonal marking, neither will it magically transform our midfield to pass the ball like City. The basic problem is deeper than that and every single bit of it is due the choice we set up to play, the style we persisted with and most importantly the lack of 11 high quality players that is required for it to work. We simply cannot afford to overhaul the whole team with high quality next season.

What should we do then? Persist with Silva or find another manager who can manage this bunch properly and let them flourish in a system that suits them better?

Status
Not open for further replies.