Marco Silva: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 681 89.5%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 80 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree, stuff like that should be taken behind closed doors. But, when asked what he thought about Martinez tactics he answered what any Evertonian would. The guy wasnt speaking rubbish, and he wasnt stabbing his team mates in the back. He stuck Roberto a little, and if RM had listened to him and other seniors in the squad, he could have still been here.
Blaming Baines is uncalled for I think.
He's a Kopite. Born and bred.

Mate, Dave ?
Self confessed Kopite...and Blackburn supporter.

Beggars belief for me that a player with that background who also destabilised the team gets adulation from some quarters. Yes, he did some good work in partnership with Pienaar a long time ago, but he's taken the piss overall.

Self confessed Kopite...and Blackburn supporter.

Beggars belief for me that a player with that background who also destabilised the team gets adulation from some quarters. Yes, he did some good work in partnership with Pienaar a long time ago, but he's taken the piss overall.

Funny how your the only 1 with this agenda tho Dave.

I mean sure most of us have some concerns regarding his age, but its almost like you hate him for calling out the clown manager we had.

Funny how your the only 1 with this agenda tho Dave.

I mean sure most of us have some concerns regarding his age, but its almost like you hate him for calling out the clown manager we had.

I really dont think I'm the only one who views what he did as an act of snidery.

To fete him for that action was a low-point for me.

Anyway, continue to hero-worship him as he's stealing cash from the club and worming his way into the affections of another manager he hopes he can force to play him.

I really dont think I'm the only one who views what he did as an act of snidery.

To fete him for that action was a low-point for me.

Anyway, continue to hero-worship him as he's stealing cash from the club and worming his way into the affections of another manager he hopes he can force to play him.

1 of us.

I think Davy is going a bit far on the Baines shout but I definitely put at least 50% of the blame for Martinez last two seasons on the players. It will come out in the wash at some point.

I feel like I must have missed something. Do you know which interviews these were? I'm genuinely interested mate because I'd not heard anything like this before. I know he and Martinez had a bit of an issue near the end ("Baines is one of us" obvs) saying in the press that the team lacked chemistry and that but properly slating his own teammates before a European night is news to me unless my memory is absolutely gone, which it very well may be.
He didn't mate. He was on a panel for a game, injured at the time I think. Another aimless performance was put in and he was questioned on it.
He didn't slag his manager off but he didn't try his best to gloss over it with banal statements either. It was clear he didn't enjoy saying something but pretty clear he felt something had to be said.
I really liked Martinez, nice fella but he was found wanting when he had no plan b.
Then he somehow stumbled onto Belgium, one of the most gifted squads in world football and he's doing what he does. Filling them with confidence and they're doing what good players do.
It's good to see him getting a positive bounce back but that doesn't mean he should have been kept on at Everton when it went toxic. It wasn't Baines that forced him out it was the unbeatable atmosphere at Goodison after so many listless performances.

He didn't mate. He was on a panel for a game, injured at the time I think. Another aimless performance was put in and he was questioned on it.
He didn't [Poor language removed] his manager off but he didn't try his best to gloss over it with banal statements either. It was clear he didn't enjoy saying something but pretty clear he felt something had to be said.
I really liked Martinez, nice fella but he was found wanting when he had no plan b.
Then he somehow stumbled onto Belgium, one of the most gifted squads in world football and he's doing what he does. Filling them with confidence and they're doing what good players do.
It's good to see him getting a positive bounce back but that doesn't mean he should have been kept on at Everton when it went toxic. It wasn't Baines that forced him out it was the unbeatable atmosphere at Goodison after so many listless performances.
That was 2015 he starteed to go public undermining his manager. Do you think his actions helped relieve any situation with the Goodison crowd turning on the manager or do you think it fanned the flames?

Ask yourself that question.

Baines was an utter snide in that period. Tell yourself stories about him "being honest" all you like, but a professinal keeps that in-house they dont drag any differences that can contribute to the club getting worse into the public domain. He KNEW what he was doing . So let's just have that right shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.