Marcelo Gallardo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it on authority that he is number one on the short list to take over from the goon who arranges the awful pre-match music. Galliardo will sing us tunes from an opera. Other than that, with maybe being available for selfies with swooning girls I can't see him in another role. He might even be more good looking than Marco.

I want to believe.

The influence on Gallardo’s tactics from the great Argentinian managers such as Marcelo Bielsa and César Luis Menotti is clear, and similarities with coaches such as Pochettino, Simeone and Pep Guardiola are understandable. Preaching a high intensity pressing game, possession football played at a good tempo and solid defensive shape, it is easy to see why he has been linked to many of Europe’s largest clubs in recent years.
Gallardo likes his team to control the centre of the pitch, both defensively and offensively; packing his midfield with hard working technical players who can work the ball up the field to the two forwards. One thing Marcelo cannot be accused of is tactical inflexibility and will often switch shapes in order to best counter his opponent’s threats. According to WhoScored.com, River have played with no less than 4 different formations this year alone – 4-1-3-2, 4-2-2-2, 4-3-3 and the 4-4-2.

I want to believe.

The influence on Gallardo’s tactics from the great Argentinian managers such as Marcelo Bielsa and César Luis Menotti is clear, and similarities with coaches such as Pochettino, Simeone and Pep Guardiola are understandable. Preaching a high intensity pressing game, possession football played at a good tempo and solid defensive shape, it is easy to see why he has been linked to many of Europe’s largest clubs in recent years.
Gallardo likes his team to control the centre of the pitch, both defensively and offensively; packing his midfield with hard working technical players who can work the ball up the field to the two forwards. One thing Marcelo cannot be accused of is tactical inflexibility and will often switch shapes in order to best counter his opponent’s threats. According to WhoScored.com, River have played with no less than 4 different formations this year alone – 4-1-3-2, 4-2-2-2, 4-3-3 and the 4-4-2.
Sounds exactly what we need fed up of us just using One formation is so easy to plan for us

I think he'll be on the shortlist, I tweeted on 23rd Nov that I think he'll be one we consider - just gut feeling.

...at 5ft 5in he’s definitely on the shortlist!!

in all seriousness, he’s been mentioned on here for a while and I looked for a price on him 10 or so days ago and he wasn’t in the betting. My reasoning has always been Brands‘ supposed connections in South America.

All appointments, though, come with risk and Gallardo would need to hit the ground running in a new league in a new continent. On the plus side, I can imagine he would immediately command the respect of the players, which is a big factor.

Didn't know he was on a rolling contract at River. Apparently it runs out this Friday after their cup final when he will be giving their board an answer on whether he stays or goes.

Would be interesting to see how much Moshiri would be willing to throw at him if he's on the shortlist.

If we did get Gallardo in then i expect we would be the 'hub' for South American players in the league...

Weve already got Richarlison, Bernard and Mina who are well known on that continent.

If we did get Gallardo in then i expect we would be the 'hub' for South American players in the league...

Weve already got Richarlison, Bernard and Mina who are well known on that continent.
Hope someone runs this appointment past Richarlison and Bernard...

Brazil and Argentina... not always the best of mates...

Status
Not open for further replies.