Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
He rebuilt the club from top to bottom. 3.5 years, like it or not, is about as long term as you get in modern day footy. It definitely is as long term as you get with Bielsa (think it was actually his longest club job).

I highly doubt Dyche will be here longer than his 2.5-year deal. If we can get to that, we'll have done well, given the rate we go through managers.
I think he'd took them into a death spiral those last few months though. There's no doubt he initially did well but I'm not entirely sure how sturdy the foundations were to build further success which is ultimately what a long term plan is.

I like him but deffo wrong man at the wrong time.

I think he'd took them into a death spiral those last few months though. There's no doubt he initially did well but I'm not entirely sure how sturdy the foundations were to build further success which is ultimately what a long term plan is.

I like him but deffo wrong man at the wrong time.
He did, several reasons for that too. Bad luck with injuries etc, he was failed by the recruitment in the summer - I'm from the area, know tons of Leeds fans and watched a lot of their games under Bielsa

Yes, was the wrong time.

Love Bielsa but he requires too much power for a club like us.

Leeds are slightly smaller than us at the moment so I can see how he held so much control.

The dream would have been Bielsa as a Director of Football given his age with a young coach like Davide Ancelotti under him but any manager wants to be his own man with their style
Maybe his Protégé Corberan running first team for him

Because he wanted to coach the U21s and have his staff coach the first team.

I love Bielsa, he's brilliant, but i can understand why we'd go for a 'safer' option of having an actual manager.

FWIW though it would have been incredible to see if we were in a better position.

Again, lack of joined-up thinking because if Moshiri wanted him he could have discussed with the board and spoken to him last year, in case they needed to make a change, and then done it during the World Cup.

Yer think nail on the head about being in a better position, if we had half a dozen more points or so and lampard went would be a very exciting option.

I think the fact that he was Moshiri’s first choice goes to prove that he’s delusional and has no idea about football or the gravity of the situation.

A good call to avoid Bielsa, worst manager to bring in a relegation battle, his teams leak goals, he needs time to build teams the way he wants to play but if we go down to championship i would be calling him there and then if available

This guy is delusional. We are not going to pay him any his staffs to manage U21s. Who can guarantee the academy players can step up? We need someone who can keep us up NOW not telling us we are going down.

This guy is delusional. We are not going to pay him any his staffs to manage U21s. Who can guarantee the academy players can step up? We need someone who can keep us up NOW not telling us we are going down.
The U21s are better than the rubbish we have; not saying they are good, just better than what we have.

Nobody will keep us up; he is just being realistic.

We are going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.