2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loan fee or nominal fee doesn't matter to FFP its still an expenditure on a player. If it was a loan it would have been stated as such when we announced him.
Capital spend vs operation.

Fulham offered to purchase, we offered a loan. It was released at the time.

I don't have a huge opinion about him, he's got a very tough job, very tough. However I think continuity at this stage is needed because he has started what was asked of him, to build us from ground up, we don't see or hear a lot of what he does away from transfers but like a manager needs time to build their own squad(which very rarely happens now) a DoF will need time to put his own imprint on the club.

Until every last piece of deadwood from previous regimes has gone, I think he should be able to continue his role of rebuilding the old girl.

I don't have a huge opinion about him, he's got a very tough job, very tough. However I think continuity at this stage is needed because he has started what was asked of him, to build us from ground up, we don't see or hear a lot of what he does away from transfers but like a manager needs time to build their own squad(which very rarely happens now) a DoF will need time to put his own imprint on the club.

Until every last piece of deadwood from previous regimes has gone, I think he should be able to continue his role of rebuilding the old girl.

This.

Think he deserves to carry on.

Yes he's made the odd mistake but who doesnt and his biggest one imo was only £8mill (Delph) but tgat was a gamble on his fitness.

He gets a massive amount of credit for Nkounkou, Branthwaite and Godfrey. Remember people screaming he wouldnt just pay the £30mill Lille wanted for Gabriel, but instead got Godfrey for £20m plus addons.

Kean was a gamble but looked a real prospect at the time and we wont lose money on him if he goes.

Any fan who says they didnt want Gomes after his loan is a liar. He had a little drop in form as all players do then got a horrific injury - Brands isnt to blame for that

Gbamin - again just pure bad luck

Bernard - worth the risk on a free but just not cut out for the league

Iwobi - looking much improved. Hasnt justified his fee yet but shown quality in flashes, just needs consistency.

Richarlison, James, Allan - im not going to credit him with as I think these were managers signings, although negotiating a free deal for James is incredible work from him

Digne, Doucoure, Nkounkou, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Mina all proving to be excellent buys.

Status
Not open for further replies.