2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see there being anything in the stories linking him to United. He hasn't exactly got a sterling record has he, a club their size won't appoint anyone to a position as powerful as DoF unless he has a history of bringing tangible success. Plus he's on the board now, he's in deep with Moshiri whether people like that or don't.

Brands has done okay here so far, would give him a 6/10 overall. One great summer window, one awful one, one decentish one (not in that order). 3 year deal initially was weird, DoFs need about 5 years before anything they implement really comes to the fore. I'd give him another 3 year deal and then we can judge him properly and fairly.
Brands never had a decent summer. He pissed more money against a wall then Walsh! The guy bought Bernard, Iwobi, Mina, Gomes, Godfrey only overpriced at best average to mediocre players. And let us not forget Delph. The guy is a genius! For that money Porto would have bought 10 teams.

Last edited:
Brands never had a decent summer. He pissed more money against a wall then Walsh! The guy bought Bernard, Iwobi, Mina, Gomes, Godfrey only overpriced at best average to mediocre players. And let us not forget Delph. The guy is a genius! For that money Porto would have bought 10 teams.
Can we stop writing off Godfrey until he’s had an actual run in the team for Christ’s sake?

If he goes he goes. Let Carlo call the shots for the winter window. Brands working hard for 2 weeks a year isn't exactly making me fear for him leaving. It's complete amateur hour for a person to come out and say they don't have any interest in doing their job one out of two times a year and our club just kind of shrugs our shoulders.

Brands is exactly the sort of guy this disfunctional version of man United would want.

Hope they get him and pay us loads in compo.

There will be no compo Brands is nearing the end of his contract.

Tired of you moaners, want Walsh back? Who will we get to replace Brands? Carlo may point to players but Brands does the finances.

When Bernard, Gomes, Mina and Delph signed, own up which of you guys were rubbing their hands saying good business? Short memories hey? What about the crap he shifted?

You are all the darn same, better to keep the one you know than get some unknown in you don.t know. If there was a better candidate for DOF then Man U would have been in there instead of making noise about our guy.

Listen, I'm far from convinced by Brands but it's hugely important we have stability at this time. Brand and Carlo has always been Moshiri's first choice combo. Give them more time together.

For the first time since Martinez’s first season it feels like we finally have a manager who can take us forward and he’s getting the players he wants. Why would we want to mess with that? We’ve had years of chopping and changing, it’s time for some stability.

still on the fence about Brands to be honest. He hasn’t blown me away so maybe it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if he goes. Key thing is whoever comes in next has a good relationship with Carlo.

Listen, I'm far from convinced by Brands but it's hugely important we have stability at this time. Brand and Carlo has always been Moshiri's first choice combo. Give them more time together.
For the first time since Martinez’s first season it feels like we finally have a manager who can take us forward and he’s getting the players he wants. Why would we want to mess with that? We’ve had years of chopping and changing, it’s time for some stability.

I'm also onboard with this line of thinking personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.