2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played a lot of games in midfield mate.

I mean he's rubbish and injured, there's no real need to add to that.
He was very good at Villa, I'll give him that, but outside of early rounds of the domestic cups, he never got a sniff at City until Mendy's injury.

He played a lot of games in midfield mate.

I mean he's rubbish and injured, there's no real need to add to that.
According to Transfermarkt he started 7 PL games in a central midfield position in 4 years at City, 20 starts there in all competitions, mainly domestic cups. 11 times he played the whole game and 9 times he was subbed off. So it's probably fair to say it was questionable that he was ever going to be able to come in and play 30 games a season there for us.

Who? Who has he signed whose been a roaring success? Digne's a 'good' buy, Richarlison 'ok'. Too early to say with Godfrey.

Docoure, Branthwaite, Kean, (okay not fitted into the PL but still a good buy) add to that those young players who have joined under him and look to be good.

For me also is his record at the deadwood he has got rid of.

Steve Walsh would have done a decent job if he hadn't had that fate headed fraud Koeman determined to waste hundreds of millions on overpriced tat.

Yes, Dave he was an unmitigated disaster. He was the big negative influence which after all this time we are still trying to recover from.

Remember his red xmas tree!!!

Steve Walsh would have done a decent job if he hadn't had that fate headed fraud Koeman determined to waste hundreds of millions on overpriced tat.
I think he was just massively underqualified even without the human bobblehead influencing his purchases. I'm pretty sure Sandro was completely his idea. But you're right koemans fingerprints are on a lot of the signings like I highly doubt Walsh was excited about signing Cuco Martina. But he also signed cenk tosun and Walcott with the other bovine headed manager. Which he recommended to mosh. He just wasn't fit to be a DOF. Surprised you're defending him since you despise the concept of a DOF.

I think he was just massively underqualified even without the human bobblehead influencing his purchases. I'm pretty sure Sandro was completely his idea. But you're right koemans fingerprints are on a lot of the signings like I highly doubt Walsh was excited about signing Cuco Martina. But he also signed cenk tosun and Walcott with the other bovine headed manager. Which he recommended to mosh. He just wasn't fit to be a DOF. Surprised you're defending him since you despise the concept of a DOF.
That's why I'm defending him: he's not a DoF he's an excellent head scout.

James was a quality yet flawed signing which I'm glad occurred. But Brands should of been cognizant about the potential lengthy bouts of unavailability due to his widely known injury history. Should of brought in a younger back up offensive squad member that carlo would actually utilize in his absence. Or even worst case scenario kept Walcott as he is generally unexceptional but amply superior to iwobi just as back up mind you as an offensive option. In no way are their skills and styles comparable. He also had to know that Carlo didn't rate Bernard as well. So he knew james has been plagued by extensive physical woes and we already didn't have a solid winger on the right , seems negligent

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.