2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract Dave can do his old job just fine.

Remind me again: WTF does Brands actually do that no one else can? (Wearing Hugo Boss suits is not the right answer, btw).

Ripped jeans & Hugo Boss suits, talks a lot about his fashion tastes.

This isn't the clothes show, he could walk round in a bin bag for all I care.

As I see his job, if I was going to guess, is that he oversees those departments. Makes sure there are enough scouts and we have good coverage, oversees the academy and makes sure that everything is running smoothly. He is a director, he directs things but most likely, as with most management/directoral roles there is a big element of delegation.

Just a guess, so you may be right. What is the point of him but there is a case that if you have somebody who is managing all of these then you won't have to 3/4 different people all overseeing different areas.

If the top dogs are happy with it then so be it, hopefully we will continue to see an upward curve on all things Everton.

Dave’s a club secretary Dave, not a contract/fee negotiator

Contract Dave profile from the club:

"Acknowledged as one of the leading football administrators in the Premier League, David...has worked extremely closely with the Chairman, Team Manager and Chief Executive on many high-profile and complex player acquisitions for the Club."

We dont need Brands.

Contract Dave profile from the club:

"Acknowledged as one of the leading football administrators in the Premier League, David...has worked extremely closely with the Chairman, Team Manager and Chief Executive on many high-profile and complex player acquisitions for the Club."

We dont need Brands.
Yes because he shows people around the club when they join, arranges the paperwork and signing photos. He doesn’t get involved in agreeing fees, contracts or has says in who we sign, that’s not his job

Yes because he shows people around the club when they join, arranges the paperwork and signing photos. He doesn’t get involved in agreeing fees, contracts or has says in who we sign, that’s not his job
He's club secretary. Dunford was the last one with control and he signed them all.

Ripped jeans & Hugo Boss suits, talks a lot about his fashion tastes.

This isn't the clothes show, he could walk round in a bin bag for all I care.

As I see his job, if I was going to guess, is that he oversees those departments. Makes sure there are enough scouts and we have good coverage, oversees the academy and makes sure that everything is running smoothly. He is a director, he directs things but most likely, as with most management/directoral roles there is a big element of delegation.

Just a guess, so you may be right. What is the point of him but there is a case that if you have somebody who is managing all of these then you won't have to 3/4 different people all overseeing different areas.

If the top dogs are happy with it then so be it, hopefully we will continue to see an upward curve on all things Everton.
If the top dogs are happy with this. then maybe they're the problem?

If the top dogs are happy with this. then maybe they're the problem?
I mean they’re financing the new stadium we’ve been waiting for for years now so they could be in a occult worshipping secret organisation that sacrifices goats and drinks the blood of virgins as far as I’m concerned. They’re alright.

If anyone knows of a way into this organisation I’d also appreciate it ta.

This overhyped divvy needs to take a good look at what recruitment the likes of Leicester and Moist at WHU is doing instead of spending £250 million to go from 8th to 8th.

Get this fella out of my club

Last edited:

Has David Moyes done a better job recruiting players and building a squad in 18 months than Marcel Brands has done in 3 years?

Discuss. :coffee:

runs away quickly
Yes.

Doesn't mean Brands has done loads of things wrong. But our squad is largely a shambles.

That's not all on Brands. But three years in now - nobody back in 2018 would have expected us to be so threadbare and reliant on 3-4 players three years into the project.

£45m Seb Haller (now sold)
£25m Pablo Fornals (gash)
£10m Albian Ajeti (now sold)
£35m Felipe Anderson (binned off on loan)
£18m Yarmolenko (gash)

I do love when people ignore all the transfer mistakes EVERY club makes.
Fornals usually looks quite decent.

£45m Seb Haller (now sold)
£25m Pablo Fornals (gash)
£10m Albian Ajeti (now sold)
£35m Felipe Anderson (binned off on loan)
£18m Yarmolenko (gash)

I do love when people ignore all the transfer mistakes EVERY club makes.
What do these players have to do with David Moyes? They were all signed by Pellegrini.

I wasn't comparing West Ham and Everton. I was comparing Moyes ability to recruit and build a squad to Marcel Brands. He seems to be doing quite well in half the time that Brands has been here.

Status
Not open for further replies.