2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
You read Roy Keanes biog? His description of how he first joined Forest, then got his debut, (away, at Liverpool), is amazing. Top manager, who trusts his scouts/recruiting team to get him what HE wants for the first team.

Clough "Can the Irishman take it?" Scout bloke. "Reckon so Brian".

"Irishman, you are playing, the #7 is yours" Thats in the away dressing room at Anfield, and I have paraphrased a tad.
lol

Imagine them trying that these days?

And yet no club has won a single trophy without having a DoF for the last 15 years.

Last years Champions - DoF
This years Champions - DoF

We dont need one. It's not part of our DNA.

And, tbh, I think we'll see that in the coming weelks when Brands leaves and the position is quietly mothballed.

We dont need one. It's not part of our DNA.

And, tbh, I think we'll see that in the coming weelks when Brands leaves and the position is quietly mothballed.
I think you are right yano Dave.

I can just imagine Carlo saying "No Mosh, I don't want The summer off, I will spend my summer travelling all over Europe trying to do deals and getting somebody to buy Cenk Tosun, Italy in the Summer is over rated, thanks for tripling my work load Farhad and by the way, that's 36m as year I'm on now, thanks".

In short.

LOL

I think you are right yano Dave.

I can just imagine Carlo saying "No Mosh, I don't want The summer off, I will spend my summer travelling all over Europe trying to do deals and getting somebody to buy Cenk Tosun, Italy in the Summer is over rated, thanks for tripling my work load Farhad and by the way, that's 36m as year I'm on now, thanks".

In short.

LOL
That's what scouts are for.

Not once did I say finding the players, I said doing the deals.

The Scouts find the players, yes, the DoF does the deals.

Contract Marcel remember?
Contract Dave can do his old job just fine.

Remind me again: WTF does Brands actually do that no one else can? (Wearing Hugo Boss suits is not the right answer, btw).

He needs to sort that right hand side out its pathetic as is. Coleman nearing the end, Kenny not good enough, James is better as a ten, Iwobi isn't comfortable on the right. It's poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.