2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave no ever signs for a Football club to play for the DOF it's his job to sell the vision,but that doesn't diminish his job ...I like your arguments sometimes la but they lose credibility when you says these type of things.
He carries out none of the functions of a DoF: doesn't hire and fire managers; doesn't set up the type of football to be played, doesn't become involved in the academy, and now has nothing to do with identifying top targets and persuading them to come to Everton...that's the job of Moshiri and the manager apparently.

He carries out none of the functions of a DoF: doesn't hire and fire managers; doesn't set up the type of football to be played, doesn't become involved in the academy, and now has nothing to do with identifying top targets and persuading them to come to Everton...that's the job of Moshiri and the manager apparently.
So why does an evidently cut throat billionaire continue his employment if he's not acting out his duties?

There was a glowing headline article about Brands on BBC Football online in the immediate aftermath of Kean's signing.

That was the first mention of "The Architect" I had come across.

Even if Brands has nothing to do with the article, I would have been very uncomfortable with it personally if I was him, you don't get a tribute like that unless the club had a few new pots in the trophy cabinet, and of course we went on to finish 12th. It was so sychophantic, it was like something from Putin's Russia, and completely out of keeping with the mainstream media's desire to keep us in our place as they see it.

The previous summer he was openly talking about the negotiations with Barca for the triple signing, as if he had gained the upper-hand on them, you don't do that.

I know people will say he cannot win either way, and I understand that, but for someone in the DOF role, for me he was far too conspicuous for the first 12 months, up to the end of last summers window, which is regarded almost with unanimity as a disaster.

You do your talking through the outcome of your effort.

We won't see any of that this year.

I don’t get how the manager gets the praise when we get good signings in, and the DoF gets the crap when we bring crap signings in. You can’t have it both ways.
Either brands gets credit/hate for the signings we make or he doesn’t. And seeing as though thats his job i think he should be getting credit or hate for the players we sign. Yes there are influences from other people but Brands is the one in the job and the person who has negotiated great deals if these 3 come in. Which are wayyyy lower prices that what have been quoted for months.

if people want to keep spewing hate about Brands thats their choice, but its them that spends their days experiencing that hate. Brands doesn’t care.

Hahaha mere pocket change to our glorious Billionaire! He's proved he's not afraid to pay compensation as proven by the list of managers and previous DOF he's removed. Dave bow and kiss the ring on Brands finger,The game is up Kind,Sir.
There's no place on Moshiri's jet for Brands; and there's no place at the table at Babbo's for him either.

Hes only gone and got his days mixed up ain't he.

Currently on the 12th at Trumps golf course in Scotland, expected back Monday.

What is he like.

He thought we were selling James to Real Madrid, not buying him lol the things you forget when you're doing something else lol

Status
Not open for further replies.