2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcel.png

I worry Brands is putting all his eggs in one basket then will panic buy again. That Natlin Miles would ne another poor Arsenal player we paid lots to for. He's as weak as what we already have.

When you’re where we are at the moment we face competition on all fronts, when we get to a position of respect in the league Stadium 1st “ Stone “ is cast then be a much more attractive club to seduce the better players

You don’t know that unless you’ve been sitting in his office with him
Don't get why so many are so keen to give him a slagging. His buys have been much better than Walsh. Unfortunately had typical Everton luck with injuries , and unfortunately they have been managed by goons. Still confused by the Iwobi signing though , but still willing to give him more time.

Tbf, we should though. The biggest myth people spout about Everton is that we have a 'knowledgeable crowd' - seen vids of fans saying they would have sold Lukaku for £20m and he wasn't that good.

Barkley wasn't that good either but registered 9 assists in his final full season for us. Still not replaced him.

Oh, and we clapped an explayer when he scored against us.

to a degree you are right
But class is earned both on and off the pitch
You see one player bad mouthed the club every time he was on international duty at every opportunity
Another was an absolute disgrace the way he treated the club. Remember his career threatening injury he did on England duty and we stuck by him
The other player helps the homeless in Glasgow and Liverpool whilst he was here. Great attitude on the pitch as well even though not the most gifted

I think that’s the reason why!!

Don't get why so many are so keen to give him a slagging. His buys have been much better than Walsh. Unfortunately had typical Everton luck with injuries , and unfortunately they have been managed by goons. Still confused by the Iwobi signing though , but still willing to give him more time.

It baffles me as well why he's so despised around here. I suppose he is just an easy scapegoat for our current misfortunes when most of the anger should be directed at Walsh/Koeman for putting us in the mess were currently in, which Brands is having to solve.

Just look at Brands signings as a whole:

Richarlison
Digne
Gomes
Mina
Kean
Branthwaite

Undeniably great or potential to be great signings

Bernard - on a free so can't be too judgemental
Gbamin - just extremely bad luck
Delph - I think gets a disproportionate amount of hate just because of how unlikeable he is

The only real miss you can hold against brands is Iwobi, which was an awful panic buy. But overall I think he's bought well enough and managed to shift enough of the dead wood that he can be given the benefit of the doubt on that one.

I personally am reserving judgement until the end of this window, which has only been open a couple of weeks and is occuring under the strangest set of circumstances of any transfer window ever. I think he will silencer many of the critics by the time the window shuts.

to a degree you are right
But class is earned both on and off the pitch
You see one player bad mouthed the club every time he was on international duty at every opportunity
Another was an absolute disgrace the way he treated the club. Remember his career threatening injury he did on England duty and we stuck by him
The other player helps the homeless in Glasgow and Liverpool whilst he was here. Great attitude on the pitch as well even though not the most gifted

I think that’s the reason why!!

Did Naismith do any charity work? He never mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.