2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodison is a huge benefit and its baffling to see people say its better to have an empty ground.
Depends how we are playing, if were playing poor having the Park End shouting abuse dosent help, if were playing well and winning were ok as fans but the players dont need us then.
Look at that loss to Bournemouth, would a home crowd of turned it around ? I doubt it

Depends how we are playing, if were playing poor having the Park End shouting abuse dosent help, if were playing well and winning were ok as fans but the players dont need us then.
Look at that loss to Bournemouth, would a home crowd of turned it around ? I doubt it

Our home record is only reason we've comfortably been mid table in recent years. No chance Bournemouth, Southampton and Villa would have came and played like that with a full Goodison.

The fans are extremely grumpy and could support better but claiming they cost us points is a myth and the results prove it.

Steve WalshMarcel Brands
Appointed21/06/201616/05/2018
Players In2616
Players Loaned3845
Players Out1714
Players released1426
Total deals in/out95101
Spent (including loans)264 Million189.5 Million
Income from player sales165.6 Million104.5 Million
Net Spend98.4 Million85 Million
Average income from sales16.5 mill13 mill
Average Spend per player14.6 mill21 mill
Players in - Yearly wage (estimated)55.9 mill36.4 mill
Players out - Yearly wage (estimated)32.7 mill55.3 mill
Net wages in to out23.2 mill-18.9 mill
Decent player transfers33
Failed transfers143
Average transfers510
Players signed 26 and over102

Comparison for Walsh v Brands.

Walsh went with more experience but 50% of his signings where midfielders. He also pushed the wage bill up by 20% of the Annual turnover.

Be interesting to see if the next set of accounts reflect the work Brands has done to reduce the overall wage bill.

Brands has brought in more of a balanced mix of squad players and reduced the average age of the squad.

But he has failed to bring in good enough replacements in Midfield for the players who have left and those who he has signed have been injury prone.

When you consider Walsh's £165.6m income for players included:

£90m - Lukaku
£50m - Stones
£15m - Barkley
£10m - Deulofeu
For a total of = £165m

Kinda puts a different slant on the £16.5m average per sale for the remaining 27 players we somehow sold for apparently £600k.

Jesus.

And that's before we even mention the Peter Ridsdale impression he and Koeman attempted on the wages.

If this tells you anything, it's the true scale of the job Brands has been left with. He needs and deserves time and our collective patience while he tries to put it right. It's an enormous task, and definitely won't be done in one summer.

Our home record is only reason we've comfortably been mid table in recent years. No chance Bournemouth, Southampton and Villa would have came and played like that with a full Goodison.

The fans are extremely grumpy and could support better but claiming they cost us points is a myth and the results prove it.
To be fair mate Norwich beat us at Goodison, with a full house.
See I dont think the fans costs us as such, I just dont see us helping the team when the team needs us.

We always lose the odd game to a crap team . But on the whole our home form is our saviour and Goodison can be an intimidating place for many teams. Especially when it turns nasty which can be easily triggered. We see teams wilt at Goodison. Even the better teams. I would argue we saw a drop off at home after the restart with dropped points against Southampton, Villa and Bournemouth where we got 2 points from 9. And we were lucky to get 2 points.

When you consider Walsh's £165.6m income for players included:

£90m - Lukaku
£50m - Stones
£15m - Barkley
£10m - Deulofeu
For a total of = £165m

Kinda puts a different slant on the £16.5m average per sale for the remaining 27 players we somehow sold for apparently £600k.

Jesus.

And that's before we even mention the Peter Ridsdale impression he and Koeman attempted on the wages.

If this tells you anything, it's the true scale of the job Brands has been left with. He needs and deserves time and our collective patience while he tries to put it right. It's an enormous task, and definitely won't be done in one summer.
People already want him sacked, good luck with that one.

Here's a thought: if it's true he's unhappy our targets are leaking, perhaps that goes some way into explaining why it's so quiet on the rumour front. I'd imagine it will stay that way, too.

I think one of the biggest factors about Goodison is our own players know they can´t get away with half arsed performances. Our fans would be all over them. Take that away and do you really think this bunch would be motivated enough to get themselves up for games?

Here's a thought: if it's true he's unhappy our targets are leaking, perhaps that goes some way into explaining why it's so quiet on the rumour front. I'd imagine it will stay that way, too.
I’d say the club will be fairly watertight in terms of not letting things slip out but I suppose the real problem is agents leaking things to drum up interest from other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.