2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

They use a forum to buy players?!?!?!?!?!?

trra.jpg

Lets all make accounts and bid for Messi.

He had grabriel at finch farm in feb. no one else to blame if he messes that deal up. All clubs and agents will release info to drive up interest. Been happening since Moses was in short pants.

Said this the other day but i don't think you can say he's 'messed up' the Gabriel deal.

A lot has changed since February, most likely including our priorities.

I think he's done a poor job so far in terms of transfers, but I can't blame him or the club for wanting to restructure that particular deal.

Right now all I can think when I see this guys name is that he doesn’t know what he’s doing. But, then again the same seems to apply to all of them pretty much so he’s in good company. I’m almost at 40 yrs of supporting this club and I’m about done.

I’ve heard this a few times on here , who are these many people , the only one I can see getting Rich in monetary terms is FM and that is if everything goes to plan and it’s on budget , a decent team in three years time , huge increase in corporate take up of seats and lounges and sponsorships

There is still an element of risk for this inc over budget , Ticket price increases affecting the attendance and the budget that’s needed to bring a squad up to top 4 capability in 3 years , FM will have invested and be guaranteeing nigh on a billion pounds once this Is done .

I don’t get the idea of Liverpool Waters creating huge wealth for people just because a stadium is built , you can build what you want down that way right now if your prepared to invest .

The stadium needs to be done and can be a great catalyst for the club but just can’t see how it’s going to make many people rich .

Footfall. 50/60k more people in the area every other week. Build something down there now and all you have are Liverpool fans flying kites and dogwalkers.

I said Mina was better than a 50 year old Jags and Tugboat Williams - I could be an upgrade on those pair.

I get why we went for him but for me he's not done enough overall to justify spending £28 million on him.

Iwobi was the only signing Brands has made that was universally panned when it happened.

All the others had lots of excitement when signed.

Of course hindsight is now being used on a grand scale.

But replace the name Gabriel with Mina and its the same old story.

Brands may ultimately fail with us but to ignore the fact that he’s been badly hamstrung by what happened before him is just ridiculous. Clear logic to most of the signings, even Delph who I detest as much as any of our players ever was one that made sense at the time. Iwobi would be the strangest one but it’s not the ridiculous move that some like to claim. Talk of that Brentford guy going for 25m out of the championship so the whole thing is silly really. Jury still out for me but to paint him as some sort of bumbling idiot is just agenda driven cack

Iwobi was the only signing Brands has made that was universally panned when it happened.

All the others had lots of excitement when signed.

Of course hindsight is now being used on a grand scale.

But replace the name Gabriel with Mina and its the same old story.

Isn't Brands supposed to be an expert though, isn't it his job to sign players he knows will make it and not sign them in hope?

Of course fans are using hindsight, how else can you judge him?

Waiting to see what happens personally, who goes and who comes in. As much as I don’t rate him so far, it’s in all our interests that the fella has a very good window

Status
Not open for further replies.