2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still amazes me that every single summer window we havent got targets in on the opening day (aside from nkounkou).

Looks like that was the idea with Gabriel but the last time was Beckford i think.

With the training on 15th next week looks pivotal to me for both ins/outs.

Carlo will not be happy

HandsomeTautCoypu-size_restricted.gif
Bloody nailed it

Carlo will not be happy

I think Carlo knows the score, like us all I'm sure he wants them ready to go for the start of pre-season, but realistically we are going to be working right up till the 5th October.

As I keep saying we do not dictate when other clubs move for the players we want to sell and whether we like it or not sales will drive this window for us, as painful as that is to take. We have a bloated wage bill and a bloated squad, a lot of players earning massive money and on the main not fit for purpose.

So I do appreciate this thread will be getting a pasting for the next few months, but I think a bit of realism is required.

We made a loss of 112m in our last accounts and our revenues have taken it hard, we are not only at risk of breaching FFP rules, but also allowing our wage bill to increase from its already very dangerously high wages to income ratio.

Yeah, yeah, ignore FFP, you know nothing Goat lad.

Im not making excuses by the way, even with the issues there should be scope for the squad to get improved, I'm not saying we wont spend, but I do think sales will play their part in this window hugely and I do think a little patience, LOL, is required.

I think Carlo knows the score, like us all I'm sure he wants them ready to go for the start of pre-season, but realistically we are going to be working right up till the 5th October.

As I keep saying we do not dictate when other clubs move for the players we want to sell and whether we like it or not sales will drive this window for us, as painful as that is to take. We have a bloated wage bill and a bloated squad, a lot of players earning massive money and on the main not fit for purpose.

So I do appreciate this thread will be getting a pasting for the next few months, but I think a bit of realism is required.

We made a loss of 112m in our last accounts and our revenues have taken it hard, we are not only at risk of breaching FFP rules, but also allowing our wage bill to increase from its already very dangerously high wages to income ratio.

Yeah, yeah, ignore FFP, you know nothing Goat lad.

Im not making excuses by the way, even with the issues there should be scope for the squad to get improved, I'm not saying we wont spend, but I do think sales will play their part in this window hugely and I do think a little patience, LOL, is required.

People seem to have completely forgotten about COVID too. Or are completely dense to not understand it’ll have a financial impact.

It still amazes me that every single summer window we havent got targets in on the opening day (aside from nkounkou).

Looks like that was the idea with Gabriel but the last time was Beckford i think.

With the training on 15th next week looks pivotal to me for both ins/outs.

The club model is and always has been deadline day bargains at the expense of points in the opening few fixtures.

We did it under Moyes, Martinez now Brands.

A Kenwrong endorsed strategy no doubt.

Not like we finished 12th being humped by Relegated Bournemouth with the worst midfield in the league.

No rush lads.

The club model is and always has been deadline day bargains at the expense of points in the opening few fixtures.

We did it under Moyes, Martinez now Brands.

A Kenwrong endorsed strategy no doubt.

Not like we finished 12th being humped by Relegated Bournemouth with the worst midfield in the league.

No rush lads.

Would you rather the right players come in or go on a mad rush dropping big money on someone who turns out to be a flop? The club can never win, we did the latter in 2017 and we’re still paying the price for it 3 years on

Would you rather the right players come in or go on a mad rush dropping big money on someone who turns out to be a flop? The club can never win, we did the latter in 2017 and we’re still paying the price for it 3 years on

option B coz it’s all about those fancy new shiny things.....that then turn into: Pickford, Keane, Klassen, Bolasie, Sandro

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Signing Iwobi at the start or end of the window doesn't decide his ability - he's a crap signing regardless.

Recruitment should have been sorted over the last few weeks and deals in place now.

Just because we signed rubbish players early on in the window in the summer of 2017 shouldn't justify the club waiting around for the next 100 years worth of windows.

Its just another excuse for the club to keep treading water.

We shouldn’t have even got to the position where he has one year left to run on his deal. He should’ve been sacked after this season and let another DoF set up a proper structure for the club.

How has this DoF survived after the past two seasons? Silva was sacked for his contribution to last season and Brands should be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.