2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a fee of around £25-30 million agreed with Lille for Gabriel - Gabriel himself had visited Finch Farm around Jan/Feb but when the pandemic hit Brands pulled the plug and wanted to renegotiate the fee.

For the sake of a few million I hope he isnt the next Thiago Silva if we miss out or Brands & the club are going to look very silly.

In fact it would be totally "Everton that" after our recent shambles in the Transfer Market.

You've told me what you think you know but not how you know it.

Aye let's have a dig at Brands for showing a level of care for the financial future of the club during the nascent stages of an unprecedented pandemic :hayee:

It's a shame he didn't the have the 'level of care for the financial future of the club' when he was throwing money at Iwobi + Delph.

So glad we're paying this guy a fortune to find the likes of Josh King, Hojbjerg + Doucoure. Outstanding work.

Have the club agreed fees for any of those 3? Or are you going off paper speculation? 1 has only been linked today, one is a lazy rehash based on 2 years ago and the other was shut down very quickly when rumoured to be agreed

We've been through this before. Disd Cleberly strike you as a player we could shift out for decent cash? Ot Jelavic or Anichebe?

Brands just doesn't have the credentials to do that side of the job. He prefers the other side of the job: to throw cash around on players.

makes no difference Dave, still impossible to get shut of unwanted players if another club does not come in with an offer.

well then on the assumption that we know less than those in the company, if he’s not at fault for the transfer misgivings then there’s no issue, and if he is but still remains in his job then there’s an issue with the leadership which needs to be addressed rather than Brands... logically.
Agree
I am done with loyalty in football, as simply there is very little or none

Status
Not open for further replies.