2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
your judging a player who’s not played?

He's unlucky with Gbamin like - but for me he wasnt even a like for like replacement for Gana anyway - more box to box who should have come in addition to an actual replacement which I assume we thought was kin Delph...

So in your life you've never decided against something then had a change of heart? mate people split up and get back together many years later.

Circumstances/ life changes - not saying he'll come like but its complete BS that because he turned the position down 4 years ago means he'll never take it on.

Im pretty confident Ancelotti would have turned us down in 2016.

I‘ve done it and regretted decisions. I just don’t get the feeling from Monchi that he was or ever will be keen on coming here, Brands for all the critique he gets showed some level of respect not only to us but for PSV by not immediately jumping for the money first time we asked but was still keen to join the club

It’s the iwobi signing that’s put a big question mark over him for me - it’s like we haven’t learnt a single lesson from our transfer dealings of recent times - buying bang average premier league players who are already in and round their peak for silly money.

we’ll now be spending the next 4/5 years trying to give him away - he’ll have a couple of loan spells at some mid table European sides who’ll then show zero desire to actually buy him Before he gets released quietly at a time when we’d all forgotten he was on our payroll. This is about as guaranteed as him jumping out of the next 50/50 challenge that comes his way

He'll be holding another impromptu fans' forum at Finch Farm soon, the way things are going.

And this time, I won't leave quietly.

I've never overly praised or criticised him. Iwobi aside I can see the thinking behind his signings, whether I agreed with them or not.

I was expecting him to take chances on younger players who could be the next big thing. Less risk if it doesn't work out, big reward if it does. He hasn't really done that and has spent fairly big for our standing in the game.

I may be wrong but his position is to oversee all sides of the football side of the business. We still seem really unprofessional in some aspects.

He has a big job in the summer, needs to get what the Manager asks of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.