2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say he's improved the squad from Walsh - but the improvement itself hasnt been enough to keep up with sides around us (Leicester, Wolves) never mind above and for the money spent thats the issue for me.

Im currently 60/40 against him - I was 50/50 on the fence at the start of the season as he had a solid first summer but really let us down the one just gone (Kean, Iwobi, Delph) not replacing Gana, not bringing in another CB baring in mind at the time Holgate was just coming back off loan from WBA and wasnt due to feature which left us with just Keane & Mina who has had his niggles the previous year.

But the January window gone when we were crying out for a CM - even someone on loan not getting games at one of the top sides in Europe would have been something but he didnt want to know. Look at Moyes when he signed Jelavic for a few quid the impact he had that 2nd half of the season.

I still maintain im happy to give him this summer window but I think its make or break for him - the fans aint turning on Carlo anytime soon so he hasn't got a deflection like he had with Silva who was a crap manager and could take all the blame.

This isn't true is it? He can't really be blamed for the guy copping 2 serious injuries.

I would say he's improved the squad from Walsh - but the improvement itself hasnt been enough to keep up with sides around us (Leicester, Wolves) never mind above and for the money spent thats the issue for me.

Im currently 60/40 against him - I was 50/50 on the fence at the start of the season as he had a solid first summer but really let us down the one just gone (Kean, Iwobi, Delph) not replacing Gana, not bringing in another CB baring in mind at the time Holgate was just coming back off loan from WBA and wasnt due to feature which left us with just Keane & Mina who has had his niggles the previous year.

But the January window gone when we were crying out for a CM - even someone on loan not getting games at one of the top sides in Europe would have been something but he didnt want to know. Look at Moyes when he signed Jelavic for a few quid the impact he had that 2nd half of the season.

I still maintain im happy to give him this summer window but I think its make or break for him - the fans aint turning on Carlo anytime soon so he hasn't got a deflection like he had with Silva who was a crap manager and could take all the blame.
Rodgers is a far better manager then Silva and so is Nuno.. That tweet Mouts showed before shows it was Silva fault

I think the speed the fans will turn on Carlo will surprise even you.

Maybe not soon, but they will.

As for Brands most have made their mind up 1 way or the other and nothing will change that view.

We all have entrenched agendas and we rarely bend them.

Im always happy to change my view on something- I didnt rate Holgate at all but this season fair play he's massively stepped up and done himself proud and im happy for the lad and thats the same for Brands if he smashes it this summer then I'll happily back him.

Its the same argument I have with DCL fans whos agenda is support of yooth - a few goals and he's brilliant but they dont question can he do it for the next 12-18 months its all in the here and now and if you disagree you just dont like him.

If he doesn't keep scoring and reverts to type then ultimately its all well and good running the channels in Davey Moyes fashion but a strikers job is first and foremost to score goals - I dont care how lazy or how energetic they are.

Its the same with John Stones - I dont care how good he is on the ball if he cant do his primary job and defend/keep clean sheets he isn't good enough in my eyes.

Erm
He aint a hired hand anymore .

He's a director , he is a member of the board.

Not going anywhere.

Outstanding work on his behalf, getting a place on the board of a club he'd been at for 2 minutes with an under par record up to now.

Regardless of you think of the job he does, he has played a blinder there.

Midfield is absolutely atrocious, possibly the worst in the league and he sanctioned buying 2 of the 4 for big money. Needs to do much much better in this coming transfer window

I honestly can't say it enough but this guys next window needs to be a complete masterstroke. Photo shoots and a lovely media profile just isn't going to cut it for over £150 million again.

Status
Not open for further replies.